Mute? What the chord sounds like? I don't know, and I really need to know. My question is based directly off of Sum 41's "The Hell Song"'s solo, where there are a lot of parenthasis in places like this:

----9----------
---11(14)----

I think you're suppose supposed to bend 9,11 and then it should sound like 14?? i don't know, to see it for yourself go to Ver6 of "Hell Song" by Sum41 (almost all the versions have the parenthasis btw, thats why i came here)

btw if you haven't guessed, im a newb

EDIT:
Quote by Yngwi3
yeah in that solo, using it like that:

play the 9th fret on the B (i think that's how it's played) AND the 11 on the G at the same time, and bend the G string up so that the G makes the same note as it would if you were playing the 14th fret

edit: I really hope that's understandable :-/

Soooo you bend ONLY the lower string up to the higher string, the higher string will sound like the note in parenthasis?? Maybye, let me try it, but if thats the case why didn't they just put a bend sign next to the lower note? (ty btw)
Last edited by FrenchyFungus at Oct 1, 2007,
theres alot of different meanings for those. they stand for ghost notes which are "barely audible" notes or sometimes theyre applied when you tie a note and add a vibrato or something else to that effect
yeah in that solo, using it like that:

play the 9th fret on the B (i think that's how it's played) AND the 11 on the G at the same time, and bend the G string up so that the B makes the same note as it would if you were playing the 14th fret

edit: I really hope that's understandable :-/
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I think in this case it means a double-stop bend, but I'm not sure.

Edit: ^ Agreed.