I was looking to get new pickups for the neck and bridge positions on my squier strat. For the neck i want that vintage, bluesy sounds - like SRV etc ( i was considering a dimarzio blue velvet). At the bridge i want something a bit fatter and hotter, but not a humbucker. i was thinking maybe a dimarzio FS-1.
Are these good pickups to use? what others could i consider?

thanks
im a huge fan of the fender texas specials. but, im pretty sure they only come new in sets and it seems kindof pointless to be putting pups on a guitar where the pups cost almost twice as much, therefore, id reccomend a new guitar
i would save for a fender standard strat first

no matter how much you do to that, it's still a squier. i think those are plywood...
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
mine is alder...been thinking about modding it a bit. but not sure how so.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by scott__
I was looking to get new pickups for the neck and bridge positions on my squier strat. For the neck i want that vintage, bluesy sounds - like SRV etc ( i was considering a dimarzio blue velvet). At the bridge i want something a bit fatter and hotter, but not a humbucker. i was thinking maybe a dimarzio FS-1.
Are these good pickups to use? what others could i consider?

thanks

Not a full-size humbucker you mean? Are you willing to go with a stacked humbucker? Does aesthetic matter to you? Also, what's your budget? You should probably replace all 3 at once if you can afford it.

BTW, for all of you guys saying "don't mod a Squier"...

www.sdpickups.com

Listen to his Strat sound clips. Then realize most of them are recorded with them installed into a Squier played through a little Champ amp.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Sep 30, 2007,
yeah id go for a stacked one, i just didnt fancy a big ol' faff with a regular humbucker

I would spend up to £70... but i may splash out on more i i thought it was really worth it :P
Last edited by scott__ at Sep 30, 2007,