What do you think about Valveking 100 Head? Is it worth the money?
Any better amp?
Please answer me, because i need answer.
the valvekings are reaaaally good amps, very impressive, but ive never tried the head before, so it might be slightly different depending on the cab youre using
I thionk they're a bit meh, theyd be good for the money if they were a tad cheaper, but for that money you could prolly pick up some much beter deals on ebay, or a laney or something else.
It's worth the money, but do you need so much power? Will you be gigging any time soon, or just using it for bedroom practice? And do you already have a cab to go with it?
i would buy a cab, any suggestion for cab?
i will use it in my bedroom, and for few months on gigs
can je tell me the model of laney that is better of peavey?
To be honest, you probably won't need 100 watts. I doubt you'll be playing huge stadiums. You could easily gig with a 30-50 watt valve combo. And it would work out cheaper than getting a half-stack.

What kind of music do you play, and how much do you have to spend? It's hard to suggest an amp that's better than another amp when we don't know what you want to use it for. It might be better to us, but be useless for the type of music you want to play.
i play rock,metal sometimes blues. i want a half stack. now i have just for head, and after some time i will have for a cab
vk's don't sound too bad i have one, but it's made terribly.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Why do you want a halfstack? So the stuffed animals in your bedroom will think you're cool?

Honestly, you don't need one.
For that, the Valveking would be good because it's quite versatile. I'm just interested in knowing why you want a half-stack, really. They're not really necessary.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442

That would most likely be the most you'll ever need. Easily enough volume and clean headroom for gigging. And cheaper than getting a head and cab. You could also try either a Peavey Classic 30 or one of those Crate Palomino amps (the 30w version) and throw an overdrive in front of either to get all the tones you're after, and it'd most likely sound better than the Valveking.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Classic-30112-Tube-Amp-Combo-?sku=481014

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Palomino-v32-Class-A-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=487828

I am assuming you live in the US, though please correct me if I am wrong.
Quote by yamahargxc
i play rock,metal sometimes blues. i want a half stack. now i have just for head, and after some time i will have for a cab

See my sig....

If you buy a head, you'll have a powerful piece of useless equipment in your bedroom until you get a cab. For the price of the VK head, you could get a Classic 30 combo, and you'd have a better amp that you could use now. Plenty of power for gigging. In any situation where it's not, there'd be a PA to mic it into.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
let's go
now i'm playing with a cheap 20W amp. and i need somthing better, my first choice was that peavey and now i dont know what.???
i'd say the VK is alright for the 112 combo, but for the price of the head + cab setup, as slats says, you could doubtless get a better quality combo... not much point in buying a budget-price tube amp if it's not a budget price, if you ask me...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you mean that valvekin 112 is better then a valveking 100 head and 4x12 cab?
if is that i will buy it
Quote by yamahargxc
let's go
now i'm playing with a cheap 20W amp. and i need somthing better, my first choice was that peavey and now i dont know what.???

20W SS, right?

Tubes sound much louder than SS to the human ear. A 30W tube amp is LOUD. Nearly as loud as a 100W SS amp. A little 30-40W combo will be all you need for gigs, and blow you out of your bedroom.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I own the 100 watt head and find it to do everything well except for metal. I had a cab already and got a great deal on it, so I bought it. It has way too much power. I have considered many times about selling or trading for a nice tube combo. I very rarely play it without an attenuator. Listen to what people tell you about a half stack. Most people really don't need one.
ok, than, can any body tell me any good combo for rock, metal...(with good clean, and gain) for about 500-600$, tube amp. 50W or higher
It's been suggested a few times already, but...

Peavey Classic 30.

That should be fine for blues and rock, and has good cleans. You'll need to get a pedal for metal, though. Loud enough for gigging