Page 4 of 468
Quote by Rengori
And they were never all that talented either.

You don't have to be talented to make good music
Last edited by Guitarmike123 at Oct 5, 2007,
I dont like Venom at all lol Theyre just lame...and they were not talented and did not make good music IMO
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
I didn't mind venom at all. Who the **** gives you guys the right to say that? I mean you're in the fuggin' black metal forum, probably the most talentless genre in metal. It's not the technicallity of the music, hell I dno't give a **** about that, but not liking a band because they're not talented is retared and I hate you all.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Hmm what is the best black metal solo in your guys' opinion? I've been having a hard time trying to find many haha.

Bathory is where its at.

I cant think of ANY at the moment this Darkthrone is going to my head and im sucked up into it.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Venom were not great instrument players.

They were great musicians though. At odd and amazing times, the two can sometimes be separated. On rare occasions.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Originally Posted by VampireGoldfish
Venom were not great instrument players
They were great musicians though. At odd and amazing times, the two can sometimes be separated. On rare occasions

Firstly it does not matter if the band are talented musicians as CaptainOfSmug applied.

Secondly VENOM IS NOT BLACK METAL they are Thrash you idiot.

EMPEROR FOR LIFE
Venom suck.
Wenn die Nack einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

Burzum "Dunkelheit"
Quote by Metal_defender
Firstly it does not matter if the band are talented musicians as CaptainOfSmug applied.

EMPEROR FOR LIFE

Wrong. Venom are concidered the first wave of black metal, alongside Bathory, Mercyful Fate and others.
Quote by 'rockintheblues 14, 2007 2:38 am'
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
Favorite black metal solos?

Gotta be the outro to Chthonic - Quasi Putrefaction
Quote by Metal_defender

EMPEROR FOR LIFE

Because the term 'Black Metal' came from another band, right?
Venom was the first band to use the term Black Metal. there the ones who inspired the generations for Black Metal. you assholes should at least respect that. instead you bash them for not being good musicians? there are tons of ****ty BM bands that are not half the musicians that Venom are.

Quote by CaptainOfSmug
I didn't mind venom at all. Who the **** gives you guys the right to say that? I mean you're in the fuggin' black metal forum, probably the most talentless genre in metal. It's not the technicallity of the music, hell I dno't give a **** about that, but not liking a band because they're not talented is retared and I hate you all.

Quoted For Truth, jesus. people are ****in stupid.

Quote by I_Collect_Picks
Venom suck.

there most likely would not be a Burzum or many bm bands there are today if it were not for venom. show some respect where its due.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Last edited by kinzoku at Oct 10, 2007,
Wheres all the Enslaved talk?

Cmon **** Enslaved are one of the most innovative BM bands out there, although a bit more Vking BM now. The riffs on the Ruun album are simply awesome.
A lot of the time its just like wow great music not like YES **** HEADBANG.. its almost entrancing or hypnotising..

Enslaved = Opeth of Black metal?

Also can anyone tab Enslaved - ISA? I can't find that song anywhere.
My gear
ESP Horizon II FR (Seymour's with coil tap)
ESP LTD Ex400
Wesley Explorer/Dominator

Ashdown Fallen Angel 40w DSP

BOSS DS-2 Turbo distortion
BOSS AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
BOSS GE-7 Equalizer
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
Lately I've been listening to Drudkh, Hate Forest, Nokturnal Mortum, Darkthrone and Sauron the most. Saw quite a lot of good BM last weekend actually, I saw Gorath, Sauron, Skitliv (with Maniac and Kvarforth), Gallhammer, Ravencult, Throne of Katarsis, Glorior Belli, Setherial, Panchrysia, Corpus Christii and had to miss ****ing Nargaroth because I had to take the last train home at 11. Throne of Katarsis were among the best, very good show.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Hmm what is the best black metal solo in your guys' opinion? I've been having a hard time trying to find many haha.

You ever heard anything by Infernal War? Their songs are littered with nice little solos. The guitarists could easily play in any uber tech death band.
Quote by ALEX V)
didnt some guy from gorgoroth like lock someone in their basement and drink their blood or something?

Yeah... you are talking about Gaahl... Yeah that dude went to jail for a little while for that... He said he was trying to "Teach him a lesson"

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Originally Posted by Mongochromat
Wrong. Venom are concidered the first wave of black metal, alongside Bathory, Mercyful Fate and others.

Venoms sound is not a Black metal sound its thrash for gods sake try this link http://www.metal-archives.com and search for Venom and there you will find that they says they´re thrash... :
The godfathers of the black metal genre (along with Mercyful Fate). This is due in part to releasing an album with the name Black Metal. Although they pioneered the name, they don't necessarily play black metal music as we know it today

A.k.a the first wave of black metal. The Norwegian scene was the second.
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
Quote by Metal_defender
Venoms sound is not a Black metal sound its thrash for gods sake try this link http://www.metal-archives.com and search for Venom and there you will find that they says they´re thrash... :

alot of black metal sounds like thrash, and the lyrics are Black. so tell me whats the major difference?
Quote by Karl Sanders
I think "Metal_defender" fails at his name states he can do
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
picked up a few satyricon albums today on vinyl, couldent belive i found them.

they had everything but volcano, which is fine as that album is ****. Needless to say i bought a copy of each.
Rebell Extravaganza > everything else
Quote by Metal_defender

EMPEROR FOR LIFE

I LIKE venom and I did not say it matters if the band is talented or not. Are you stupid? Can you even read? Do you want me to spell it out for you? Hell did you even TRY to read what I wrote?

I was defending Venom you **** tard.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Originally Posted by CaptainOfSmug
I think "Metal_defender" fails at his name states he can do

The godfathers of the black metal genre (along with Mercyful Fate). This is due in part to releasing an album with the name Black Metal. Although they pioneered the name, they don't necessarily play black metal music as we know it today

I have been wrong about venom, i have searched at many sites about them and they r the first wave of black metal sry!!!
Originally Posted by VampireGoldfish
I LIKE venom and I did not say it matters if the band is talented or not. Are you stupid? Can you even read? Do you want me to spell it out for you? Hell did you even TRY to read what I wrote

sry i just read the first line.
Quote by kinzoku
Venom was the first band to use the term Black Metal. there the ones who inspired the generations for Black Metal. you assholes should at least respect that. instead you bash them for not being good musicians? there are tons of ****ty BM bands that are not half the musicians that Venom are. And anyways there most likely would not be a Burzum or many bm bands there are today if it were not for venom. show some respect where its due.

Quote by Metal_defender
I have been wrong about venom, i have searched at many sites about them and they r the first wave of black metal sry!!!

Wow you should slap your self for having the name Metal_Defender. and the rest of you saying, OoO Venom suks!!, go slit. i dont listen to venom ever, but you people should know were the genre started.
Quote by Karl Sanders
Last edited by kinzoku at Oct 12, 2007,
Originally Posted by kinzoku
Wow you should slap your self for having the name Metal_Defender. and the rest of you saying, OoO Venom suks!!, go slit. i dont listen to venom ever, but you people should know were the genre started.

Ok i will now STOP sucking up to u guys i Love venom but i don´t think that they´r BM so call me a retard or asshole or what ever u like. and by the way i call my self Metal_defender because i want to get rid off these rip off metalcore bands OK!!!!

Metal for life...

all u BM persons Listen to marthus at you tube... he rules.
symph black is da ****
Last edited by Metal_defender at Oct 12, 2007,
Metal_offender
Anorexia Nervosa \m/
Wenn die Nack einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

Burzum "Dunkelheit"
I'll probably get flamed for this but....

Tr00 Black Metal Kvlt Elitists seem very similar to the HxC-ers and SxE guys....

Reasons....

a) they both can never decide what tr00 black metal or hxc is
b) they care more about atmosphere than quality and talent in thier music
c) they think theyre better than everyone else
d) think more modern versions of hxc and metal are awful

the list can go on...

Does anyone else agree with me?
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
b) they care more about atmosphere than quality and talent in thier music

I'm in no way a black metal guy. I like two Emperor albums, Zyklon B, Anaahl Nathrakh and that's pretty much it.

But atmosphere is still more important too me than it sounding technically good. As long as I can get into the feeling of the music it doesn't matter how it's played or what it is for that matter. If that's what you meant by "atmosphere".
Its hard to think of a specific example...but

I want music to sound good...and theres idiots out there who have ****ty raw production just for the sake of making it sound more "kvlt" but I would rather have talented musicians playing good music than a couple guys in corpse paint playing ****ty stuff that just sounds kinda cool and give a mood....

I dont think Black Metal can be one or the other....its got to have talent and atmosphere...Windir is a good example. Its got atmosphere, but the guitarists are good as well, and Valfar had a damn good Vintersorg-ish clean voice and some good screeching.
Quote by tarlkea
Quote by Teh Forest King
Its hard to think of a specific example...but

I want music to sound good...and theres idiots out there who have ****ty raw production just for the sake of making it sound more "kvlt" but I would rather have talented musicians playing good music than a couple guys in corpse paint playing ****ty stuff that just sounds kinda cool and give a mood....

may i suggest DeathMetal?
Quote by Karl Sanders
Quote by metal Lover
Who do you think was the first real black metal band. Hellhammer or Bathory or others

I believe Venom just barely introduced the idea of it, but Bathory was the first black metal band IMO. Bathory was amazing.
Quote by tarlkea
back in the mid 80's black metal was not judged by the style of the music but by the lyrical content. which is why Venom, Mercyful Fate, Sabbat, Slayer, Hellhammer and Death SS were all considered black metal. it wasn't until Euronymous started laying down the law in the early 90's that all of these rules applied that everyone seems to parrot these days.
sure Bathory is musically the foundation for modern black metal. but if there's anyone here who wasn't in nappies (or not yet alive) in the 80's.... don't make out that you know the history of metal, you weren't even around when it was happening.
Quote by Teh Forest King

a) they both can never decide what tr00 black metal or hxc is
c) they think theyre better than everyone else
d) think more modern versions of hxc and metal are awful

a) I'm pretty sure most people who know their genres can agree on what's what. The problem is the people who come along and are fairly ignorant/misinformed and mislabel the bands.

c) this happens in every genre

d) I believe it's more "what gets dub these days as metal and hxc, is awful", which usually has truth to it. Personally I think modern metal and hardcore is just as good as the older stuff...but a lot of the bands that get labeled as hxc, and mislabeled subgenres of metal, are usually pretty generic and commercial, and aren't hxc or the subgenre of metal they're being placed in.

I feel like listening to In the nightshade eclipse for some reason.

Anyone else notices how fall/winter really make you want to listen to black/folk metal more?
^Nightside, not Nightshade.

And yeah, now that you mentioned it, I've been listening to black metal lately. I didn't think anything of it until you mentioned it just now. I think the Halloween season is a factor for me too.
Quote by Phillipa C.
back in the mid 80's black metal was not judged by the style of the music but by the lyrical content. which is why Venom, Mercyful Fate, Sabbat, Slayer, Hellhammer and Death SS were all considered black metal. it wasn't until Euronymous started laying down the law in the early 90's that all of these rules applied that everyone seems to parrot these days.
sure Bathory is musically the foundation for modern black metal. but if there's anyone here who wasn't in nappies (or not yet alive) in the 80's.... don't make out that you know the history of metal, you weren't even around when it was happening.

Oh stfu. Just because Running Wild have an obsession with pirates, it doesn't change the fact that they're heavy metal. Music is about sound, it's not literature. That said, sure, some of those bands were like black/thrash at the most.

I guess history professors are just making shit up too? Because they certainly weren't alive during Alexander the Great's days.