Im adjusting the truss rod on my Schecter C1-Hellraiser, I'd like to know how much arch it should have. It was bending back slightly, but how much should it arch forward? I know some people like it perfectly straight, what is the advantage? Pictures would be helpful, thanks.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
just keep going until it is as close as you can get it, and none of the notes hum. i had the same problem. there is a bit more arch on my neck than other guitars, but i also have my tremolo system down in the body quite a ways. try searching on youtube for a good video.
ya i tried but i couldn't find anything...
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
UG Gain Whore
if you don't know what you're doing, don't do it you could end up trashing the neck. Take it to a shop to get it done
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
i did and right now its pretty straight, how do you know how much to arch it??
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
Quote by jerm__
i did and right now its pretty straight, how do you know how much to arch it??

From what I understand, it should have a very slight bow to it. and I mean slight as in you can hardly notice.
ya, its pretty minimal. I'll get my guitar teacher to look at it Wednesday haah
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
Neck takes a while to settle. Maybe it is staight now, it will be backbowed 30 minutes later. Don't adjust too much.

Fret the 1st and the 12th fret on the last string, the space between the string and fret should be just enough for a credit card to slide in.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

^No, my strings will just go out of tune so i'll just have to re-tune
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore