the mesa dual rectifier head or the marshall dsl 100 2000 lead head
imho mesa boogie
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Mesa FTW, IMO.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
i say mesa
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Honestly, neither...but if I had to pick one, Mesa probably.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Mesa all the way. i got mine about a year and a half ago and haven't had the slightest problem with it
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Mesa. Said to be a very toneful clean amp in the world. And recs like that have brutal distortion. But depending on the genre, Marshalls are awesome as well.
BOTH.

For me, id have Dual Rectifier and a Plexi or a JCM2000 on an A/B box.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Compared to that Marshall, I'm gonna have to go with the Mesa.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
They're really different sounding, so there's no competition between them.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
They're really different sounding, so there's no competition between them.

Yeah, Mesas are more high gain, while Marshalls are more Crunch.

But, I still find that Mesa to be a better amp than that Marshall.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Not a fan of either, but if I had to choose, the Mesa, much better all-round amp (imo)
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Depends what you want to do with it. but imo its the mesa i love mine
Yeah... bias Mesa. I vouch for the balls to the wall sound on my Dual Rec. I don't however vouch for the cleans.... they're alright, but they could be better. Hence, the Road King Dual Rec. Beautiful amp..... period.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Marshall.... I don't really care for the rectifiers distortion
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
If you want a versatile amp that has the potential to be BRUTAL....MESA every time! The last amp I bought was the mesa triple recto. Ive played many marshalls, and I demo'd a couple of the new ones I hadnt tried yet(the new JVM was my fav of all the newer marshall). I actually demod a LOT of amps but thats another story for another day. Side by side demos on all these amps by the way. Either way......box stock NONE of of the others came close to doing what a box stock mesa does with no external effects to speak of!

Always try it before you buy it....but if you like the mesa sound, nothing else comes close to the "mesa sound" unless its a mesa. So I guess its safe to say.....if you like the mesa sound, then you will like the mesa better than anything else out there! The gain and delivery of the recto amps is pretty unique.
To hear what can be done with a pretty bare bones computer home studio, minimal cash and lots of time.....visit http://myspace.com/redlightcrisis I play the guitar on the tracks and take care of recording duties.
kind of depends on what your playing. i wouldnt want a mesa dual rect for a classic rock band.
i didn't find any info on what you're gonna play with it... but if i had to choose one it'd be the mesa.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Quote by HyperBoy2519
BOTH.

For me, id have Dual Rectifier and a Plexi or a JCM2000 on an A/B box.

hey buddy have you tried a/b/y switch a mesa and marshall together?. i really want to do that..best of both worlds like the guy in tool.
Marshall Is voiced WAY better than mesa, but arent potent enough from the factory. If you hot rod the marshall, its the best amp period. Mesa has plenty of Gain and Thickness but have such a bad voicing. They dont really cut through the mix, mainly because of a low mid range frequency. Less than 200 Kh. Works for some. Your best choice is a hot rodded marshall.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Quote by Ubershall404
Marshall Is voiced WAY better than mesa, but arent potent enough from the factory. If you hot rod the marshall, its the best amp period. Mesa has plenty of Gain and Thickness but have such a bad voicing. They dont really cut through the mix, mainly because of a low mid range frequency. Less than 200 Kh. Works for some. Your best choice is a hot rodded marshall.

What do u mean, by "HOT ROD" ?
spinelss
if you're in the US, mesa. If in the UK, marshall. Because of their relative prices.

Though as rhcp says, they're totally different tones, and personal preference comes into it too.

Though bear in mind there are a lot more amp brands than marshall and mesa, many of which, in my opinion, blow both out of the water.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?