I am wanting to change out the pickups in my Fender Strat, and was just wanting to get some opinions on it. I want some that can give me a warm clean sound, to a classic rock/metal sound, with virtually no noise. I'd also like to keep it below, or around 200$. Any ideas???
(Sorry if this is in the wrong fourm.)
GUITARS:
Fender Strat w/ Seymour duncans
Agile Explorer w, SD livewire metal
Fender Telecaster w/ hot rail

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
The only good noisless singles are made by Chris kinmann and cost around 300. There are other noisless pickups but none of them sound good to me. If you can deal with the noise that single coil pickups make then the options open up a lot but if you want good tone from a noisless pickup then you are going to have to pay for it.
Not taking any online orders.
Lace Sensor Red/Silver (maybe)/Gold. Reds are hot, good for distortion. Golds are nice, warm, traditional Strat pickups. the middle is debateable. Red bridge, Gold neck, maybe a Silver middle.
Quote by qotsa1998
Lace Sensor Red/Silver (maybe)/Gold. Reds are hot, good for distortion. Golds are nice, warm, traditional Strat pickups. the middle is debateable. Red bridge, Gold neck, maybe a Silver middle.

I was looking at some Lace sensors before i posted. They sound fine to me.

(btw- I can deal with a little noise.)
GUITARS:

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
I have 2 Strats, one with Lace Sensors (Blue/Silver/Red set) and one with Kinman pickups. Either setup is dynamite when the pickups are adjusted to the correct height.
Well, your amp is pretty lame, honestly, so it won't make too big of a difference...But a single to a humbucker might do something in the direction you're lookin' for.

If you're looking to get metal of any kind out of this guitar, I'd install a humbucker in the bridge, though. Or just use a single coil sized humbucker.
Cheap ones here:
guitarfetish.com

Then install shielding to improve your noise problems:
guitarnuts.com
I'd recommend going with Lace sensors, probably a Blue for the neck and bridge and either a silver or hot gold in the mid. Seriously the Blue Lace is amazing...
Lace sensors, the oh so versatile red silver blue set specifically.

I also recommend the holy grails or hot golds if you plan on sticking to the more classic sound.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, your amp is pretty lame, honestly, so it won't make too big of a difference...But a single to a humbucker might do something in the direction you're lookin' for.

If you're looking to get metal of any kind out of this guitar, I'd install a humbucker in the bridge, though. Or just use a single coil sized humbucker.
Cheap ones here:
guitarfetish.com

Then install shielding to improve your noise problems:
guitarnuts.com

yeah i agree my amp is weak, but the reason why is, my friend told me that i was in a band , and i just needed something loud for the time being. i hpoe to eventually get a kustom hv100. or an orange
GUITARS:

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
I don't really know Kustoms...

But an Orange, though very pricey, would be nice. I'd aim for a Rockerverb, to get metal tones.

Another option would be to check out a Traynor YCV50 Blue. Very British sounding amp, on the Marshall side of things.

But for metal, you probably want a humbucker in the bridge. Check if your guitar has humbucker routing in the bridge, underneath the pickguard. Most MIM Strats do.