hey. i have a cube 100 bass amp. recently ive noticed that if i have the volume higher on the amp (or the gain), theres a slight fizzing sound coming from the speaker, which gets louder and more noticable if i turn the volume higher. i dont really know what to think, since its only recently i noticed it - any thoughts on what it could be? is it bad?

thanks.
i need to get a better signature.
There's nothing wrong with that, amps do that. How high do you have your treble set at?
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
How high do you have your treble set at?

lately, either no treble, or a 1/3 treble.
Hmm. Usually it hisses more with more treble. Then again, it could also be the quality of your amp. A Cube isn't the best one in the world.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
sorry to bump this friend after a while, but after a while of practise today, i got really freaked out by the background 'fizzing' of my amp, and i did the rest of the practise unplugged. anyone else have any advice/words on the matter? sometimes i think 'its alright, amps do that', but a lot of the time i think 'why havent i noticed this until recently?'
Check for dust, and use contact spray on the pots and jack input (BE SURE TO WIPE EXCESS CONTACT SPRAY OFF OR IT WILL EAT THROUGH YOUR WIRING). Usually fixes the problem for me.

I also recommend running a dust cloth past the speaker, and make sure its not directly infront of a microphone or your guitar.