Page 1 of 4
When i see a teenager (with their mom) walking out of a music store with a
Gibson USA/Fender USA case (or anywhere for that matter). I think it is so stupid that the parents (cause that's who pays for it) will get thier kid a $1,000 plus instrument for one, but then bring it to a music store just to show it off. I don't care how "good" they say they are but i can gurente no one in my area is good enough to play a real Gibson. They could be one of those assholes that just get Gibson cases and put an Epiphone inside to look cool, but if I had a Gibson, i would want an Ephipone case just so I would have less of a chance of getting mugged.

I just really hate spollied kids in general that get anything they want when thier's people like me that when they want someone, they have to earn all the money, then the parents would maybe cover the tax.

Yah i just came from the music store to get a classical guitar that i earned the money for when i saw a kid (about 12 or 13) come out with a Gibson USA case and his mommy right next to him.

Am i just overreacting or do you guys hate spoiled kids too?
You dont have to be good to deserve a good guitar. I'm sure if your parents had money they'd do the same.
I agree, i've pretty much every piece of guitar equipment i've ever had with money i've saved, way i see it is if i can be dedicated enough to save for it i deserve it, if not then i'm not worthy.
It's none of your business. You're just jealous. And guitars are a commodity, not achievements. A guy who sucks can go out and buy a PRS Dragon if he has the cash. There's no skills exam beforehand.
Hi, I'm Peter
Honestly I wouldn't care but I think you would if constantly the kids in your guitar club will shove thier Gibsons and US made Fenders in your face then have thier parents come pick them up. And honestly i could get a Gibson or Fender if i wanted, but i don't think i deserve one because of the fact that i'm not amazing.
Quote by Dirk Gently
It's none of your business. You're just jealous. And guitars are a commodity, not achievements. A guy who sucks can go out and buy a PRS Dragon if he has the cash. There's no skills exam beforehand.

Did you get modded today or yesterday Dirk?
Just because they're with thier parents does not mean that their parents bought it. When I got my american strat I got a ride there with my parents but have had to pay each cent of it.
well good for them? if someone gets a new guitar for free then I don't see why I would complain, might be a little unfair but i'd happily take a free guitar anyday
Quote by Dance_of_Death
Gibson USA/Fender USA case (or anywhere for that matter). I think it is so stupid that the parents (cause that's who pays for it) will get thier kid a $1,000 plus instrument for one, but then bring it to a music store just to show it off. I don't care how "good" they say they are but i can gurente no one in my area is good enough to play a real Gibson. They could be one of those assholes that just get Gibson cases and put an Epiphone inside to look cool, but if I had a Gibson, i would want an Ephipone case just so I would have less of a chance of getting mugged.

I just really hate spollied kids in general that get anything they want when thier's people like me that when they want someone, they have to earn all the money, then the parents would maybe cover the tax.

Yah i just came from the music store to get a classical guitar that i earned the money for when i saw a kid (about 12 or 13) come out with a Gibson USA case and his mommy right next to him.

lol yes, spoiled kids are annoying. But saying "no one in my area is good enough to play a real gibson" is one of the dumbest things ive heard all day. a guitar is a guitar is a guitar. Who the hell gives 2 ****s about what kid plays what guitar...It makes no difference to anyone.

It isnt worth getting pissed about.
People can get whatever guitar they want. What does it matter to you? I don't like it when people get like 5 million guitars though, unless they really have some kind of audible difference in tone that necessitates buying it.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
It annoys me that these kids get top of the line instruments when I have a Les Paul JR from Epiphone.

If they're good, I'm okay, but when they get it to show off, I do get jealous and pretty pissed.

Though I guess the fact that I'm better than them, skillwise is enough to make up for it.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Okay firstly TS, you are mad at people you don't even know. Judge not, unless...

Quite.

Secondly muggers aren't going to know/care the difference between the guitars. Both an Eppy and a Gibson probs worth £50 down the local pub.

Thirdly, what's wrong with having a good guitar, if you use it EVERY DAY? Or just about?

When you buy a USA Strat or Gibson, it's a guitar for life imho. Money well spent!
Quote by Dirk Gently

Yah that is true but it's the same with stuff like paintball guns, skateboards, and lots of other sports.

Yeah the people that are good have been doing it for a while so they will be able to afford all the gear but they can justify the gear. But then their are people go out and buy all the gear before they can (like my spoiled friend) and then end up looking like a complete tool when they start.

So what i guess i'm really saying is that i hate people that will go out and buy all the good gear before they are good and then just act like tools, but then i really don't complain, cause i can laugh at them even more.

Also even the people who don't know much about music know that Gibsons are expensive and Ephiphones are some cheep off brand (or atleast i judge this from the people at my school, who have never heard of Ibanez or ESP or any other of the non mainstreem brands, yet they do know Gibsons good, Ephihpone bad)
Last edited by Dance_of_Death at Sep 30, 2007,
And how would you know that they didn't work hard for it, and they just needed a ride from their moms?
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
I'm more worried about people like Paris Hilton, actually.
I'm a communist. Really.
One guy in my school started guitar on a Fender Highway Strat and a Marshall AVT100 amp...

I have no problem with it...

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Cry moar?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Wow, you're a jealous, elitist asshole. No one cares. Get over it.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Fuck if I could have had a 1000$ guitar when I started out I'd have taken it. Who wouldn't?
wouldnt u want ur child to be able to use the best? ur parents would probably do the same for u not saying ur spoiled
Quote by Dance_of_Death
but then bring it to a music store just to show it off.

Ever thought that they might've just bought it? Maybe picking it up from getting repaired? Trying it on a possible new amp so they know the exact sound they're going to get?
i bought a gibson with my own money im 14. i had to work hard for every cent of it so don't start bitching about how kids get their parents to buy everything for them. just cuz my mom drove me to the store doesnt mean she bought my guitar for me. and just because someone isnt the best guitar player doesnt mean they cant have a cool looking guitar. like i never hear of the rule where you had to be a certain skill level to buy high end guitars.
UG Villians Club

DRACULA

Quote by James_Water2
I want to bring sexy back and then leave with it and when everyone is like holy crap where did sexy go I'd say I have Sexy and im bring it back again. But then Sexy will leave me and i will be homeless.
ok i'm probably one of the people you're talking about
my dad had some money to spare when his family sold their house and gave him a slice so he bought me a gibson les paul standard which i had been dreaming about for ages

as far as i'm concerned i'm good enough to justify it (maybe i wasn't when i got it but the fact i had it made me want to get good enough to warrant that calibre of guitar)
and i know its gonna last me a lifetime

i also know the value of money and my custom Ran has come out of my hard earned cash as well as the engl powerball that i'm saving for currently
and i'm not a spoilt kid who gets what he wants when he wants, in fact the guitar and amp my dad bought me was the biggest thing i've ever been given for nothing and i never expect that kind of generosity again
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
Quote by samtewari
ok i'm probably one of the people you're talking about
my dad had some money to spare when his family sold their house and gave him a slice so he bought me a gibson les paul standard which i had been dreaming about for ages

as far as i'm concerned i'm good enough to justify it (maybe i wasn't when i got it but the fact i had it made me want to get good enough to warrant that calibre of guitar)
and i know its gonna last me a lifetime

i also know the value of money and my custom Ran has come out of my hard earned cash as well as the engl powerball that i'm saving for currently
and i'm not a spoilt kid who gets what he wants when he wants, in fact the guitar and amp my dad bought me was the biggest thing i've ever been given for nothing and i never expect that kind of generosity again

I concur with those post.

Gibsons and Fenders, instruments for life.
TS, if anyone's being a tool it's you. Just because you're jealous of these kids doesn't mean you should bitch about it.

What's wrong with having good equipment when you're starting out? Just because you're a beginner you don't have to have a $37 guitar. If you can afford good gear, then you buy good gear.

"So what i guess i'm really saying is that i hate people that will go out and buy all the good gear before they are good and then just act like tools, but then i really don't complain, cause i can laugh at them even more."

You really don't complain? Did you not make a thread for the sole purpose of complaining about said people?

Being musically proficient doesn't have to be about what gear you have. Worry about your own playing and grow the fuck up.

EDIT: And Epiphone is not a cheap off brand. You have no idea what you're talking about.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by Dance_of_Death

You know what I hate? The high and mighty little ****s who think they're somehow more deserving than others simply because they don't have any high end instruments. The little bastards who constantly bitch at others for having better equipment than them, and then they are lazy as **** and can't get off their asses and get a ****ing job to do something about it.

You're overreacting. Did you ever think maybe that the parents helped with it? As in half and half? Or maybe the kid earned it?

Hell, even if they're spoiled, good on them. They don't have to start playing guitar on some ****ty little plywood guitar.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Dance_of_Death

Who are you to say the parent bought the guitar?

Just get over it. Complaining isn't going to get you any closer to that new guitar.

Oh yea.

ITT: TS PWNED
Spiral Out
Last edited by HumanitysDeath at Sep 30, 2007,
It does piss me off that I see people who know nothing start of with amazing gear but this is what I say

Eddie Van Halen on a 2500 Gibson or Eddie Van Halen on a 50 dollar no brand strat from a pawn shop... either way.. .ITS EDDIE MOTHER ****ING VAN HALEN. You see what I mean , no matter what gear you have you are still the same guitarist.
Quote by SnakeByyt
like i never hear of the rule where you had to be a certain skill level to buy high end guitars.

i agree with that.
To the TS,

How do you know if they weren't just getting a ride from their parents? There are endless reasons a teen's parent(s) could be with them. You don't know why they're with their parent(s); so don't assume. It's none of your business. If you're so jealous of someone elses gear, why don't you save up some money and buy better gear? To answer your question, you are overreacting.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
Don't hate the playa. Hate the game.
haha.

i got a Marshall half stack (AVT150, but hey it's over $1k) when i was 16 and my Gibson SG Standard when i was 17.

Some kids are just lucky.
Quote by Dance_of_Death
When i see a teenager (with their mom) walking out of a music store with a Gibson USA/Fender USA case (or anywhere for that matter). I think it is so stupid that the parents (cause that's who pays for it) 1 will get thier kid a $1,000 plus instrument for one, but then bring it to a music store just to show it off. 2 I don't care how "good" they say they are but i can gurente no one in my area is good enough to play a real Gibson. 3 They could be one of those assholes that just get Gibson cases and put an Epiphone inside to look cool, but if I had a Gibson, i would want an Ephipone case just so I would have less of a chance of getting mugged. 4

I just really hate spollied kids in general that get anything they want when thier's people like me that when they want something***, they have to earn all the money, then the parents would maybe cover the tax. 5

I'm going to number the issues I have with your post.

1) Unless you stalk them, you don't know whether the kid is paying for it or not. When I bought my Epiphone Les Paul, I just gave 400 to my dad in cash at home and he went to guitar center and paid for it with his credit card.
2) I highly doubt they take the case to a music store just to show off.
3) There is no skill requirement with a guitar.
4) First you're making an assumption, might there actually be a Gibson GUITAR inside the shiny Gibson case?
5) How do you know they aren't just like you, who payed their parents and the parents just cover the tax?

Remember kids:
If you assume, you make an ass of u and me
Page 1 of 4