are there any problems with the macbook? i really dont want something with vista because i hate it...
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
i got one and it seems pretty rock solid, no crazy problems as of yet, and it's been about a year. not to sound like a fanboy or anything.
not really.. they get pretty hot.
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
Their cd drives die inexplicably anywhere between 2 weeks and a year. Safari loves to freeze as well. Other than that, fantastic!!!!
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
You're head might explode with the awesomeness of it.

other than that, no there's no problems. You can even run XP on it, which I haven't got around to yet.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by MastaBassist10
All laptops do

the one im using now gets super freaking hot... it burned my mommy's table cloth
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
Quote by Mr. President
Its fantastic for everything except gaming.

It runs WoW. It's not like anyone plays anything else these days, even though WoW sucks as much as the MacBook is awesome.
Quote by bequickorbedead
It runs WoW. It's not like anyone plays anything else these days, even though WoW sucks as much as the MacBook is awesome.

lol
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
I got a Macbook wholesale.

I will say I much prefer the OS and most of the built-in features on my MacBook, but my PC is still better for games. The Mac is great for recording, editing video, using Photoshop and doing web design, pictures, and all the general stuff that I have started to like doing now that I kinda grew up. UNIX is the shizzle.

If the Mac were better for games, I would totally buy a Mac desktop. As it stands, I have a PC Desktop and a Mac laptop.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Good luck finding one of those now that Vista is launched.

all the good laptops i looked at only come with vista now.... xp was fine but vista is just something else... my dad has it on his pc, i cant stand it
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
Quote by metalfan#3
It's all about Warcraft 3 and Starcraft on battle.net. It's the best way in the world to waste six hours of your day!

hell yea man.... starcraft is the best way to just completely waste like 4 hours.... i never played any of the warcrafts yet so idk bout them
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
all the good laptops i looked at only come with vista now.... xp was fine but vista is just something else... my dad has it on his pc, i cant stand it

I'm on Vista on a laptop right now actually, I really don't see why people think it is some sort of horrible abomination.

It is a bit of a RAM hog, but I can live with that. My PC only has 512 of RAM, so I'm used to it.
Quote by Dirge Humani
I'm on Vista on a laptop right now actually, I really don't see why people think it is some sort of horrible abomination.

It is a bit of a RAM hog, but I can live with that. My PC only has 512 of RAM, so I'm used to it.

i dont like how everytime i try doing something it asks me if i wanna do it
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
I LOVE mine!
"My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a happy, mentally healthy child is: Keep him or her as far away from a church as you can." - Frank Zappa
Quote by merfsullivan
Their cd drives die inexplicably anywhere between 2 weeks and a year. Safari loves to freeze as well. Other than that, fantastic!!!!

mine has lasted 2 years..but mines actually an "ibook G4" (ooo fancy) as for safari, SAFARI CAN SUCK MY DICK, get fire fox
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
i dont like how everytime i try doing something it asks me if i wanna do it

afaik you can turn that off.

user account control or something like that.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Spend even more money and get the Macbook Pro!

I don't see why everybody is hating on Safari. I use it and love it, I see no problems with it
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
^ firefox...that is all
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Quote by JOEYPWNSU

hell yea man.... starcraft is the best way to just completely waste like 4 hours.... i never played any of the warcrafts yet so idk bout them

Both of those statements are made of fail. Vista really isn't much different from XP, the only problem that i have is that 'cause i'm on 64-bit Vista, some games don't work, and my router doesn't like Vista so MSN dosen't work.

And you must have played Warcraft 2 or 3, they're like the best RTS's out.
I've had my Macbook Pro about a week, and it's amazing. OS X pretty much shows Windows how it's supposed to be done. I don't really play video games, so I don't mind that there aren't many video games supported. Garageband is amazing as well.