I've been looking for a while and still can't make up my mind.
I play stuff like Guns N' Roses, Metallica, Alter Bridge, Blues, just about everything really. I have about a $600 budget. I don't want a floyd rose on this guitar.
Any Suggestions?
What guitars do you have now, what's your amp?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
If you have an extra $100, get a Schecter C-1 Classic. I just got one about a month ago and it is absolutely amazing! Very versatile and well built guitar
Gear:
Gibson Explorer (white)
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender SuperSonic 112
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
EHX No.1 Echo
Ibanez Weeping Demon
epiphone les paul custom?
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Well, I got a 7 string, and I got a peavey rage 158 for home stuff, but I usually play through my friend's tube amp for gigs. Im just wanting a six string guitar now, cause I screwed all my other six strings up.
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
epiphone les paul custom?

+1
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
get an eastwood remake of an airline guitar...anyone'll do..they're all great quality and have a broad style range
i play similar music, go schecter or dean, i play a schecter and i love it but if i had to make a choice again, id buy a dean
just go fender strat!! reliable great sounding, great looking all around guitars!
doesnt matter if its USA or mexican, theyre all pretty much the same make and sound. just not squire for the love of God!!!
It's all about the PRS SE models. Though I can't say anything bed about Schecter, I've yet to come across a C-1 that didn't play like butter.
that gibson will blow away almost any guitar anyone recomends to you
song stuck in my head today

Is there a PRS SE Single Cut model that comes with a trem on it?
get a jackson of sorts
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Well, what kind of amp are you using? Obviously those bands require an amp would a good deal of tone, if you have a sound that's falling flat it's probably on the amplifiers side of things. Realistically you can afford a good Palomino or Traynor for $600, and tonally they might be a much better deal depending on both what guitar you're currently playing and what amp your putting it through.

You can also replace pickups of your current instrument; which is surprisingly simple and not terribly expensive for the results (so long as your amp is decent and you're dealing with a guitar with decent tone woods).

As for a guitar any Agile in your price range (lets say 450-600) is a damn good choice. I'd also recommend trying something like a Fender Showmaster, Special Ed. Custom Telecaster, Highway 1 Fat Strat, or some various ESPs (Viper 400, EC-500 , or MH-400NT ).

Just what I would recommend to someone looking for a little heavier playing than me in this price range.
Quote by lbc_sublime
that gibson will blow away almost any guitar anyone recomends to you

Not really...
Quote by KrgrHomebrew
If you have an extra $100, get a Schecter C-1 Classic. I just got one about a month ago and it is absolutely amazing! Very versatile and well built guitar

+1, dont get the hellraiser, EMG's arne't versatile.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
ok that PRS i have played and it feels pretty good...doesnt look quite as nice in person...but would probably get you the sound your looking for through that tube amp too.

the schecter C-1 is an awesome guitar...played one alot becuase I was planning on getting it and then i decided go a different route.

that different route was the epiphone les paul custom...it looks really good to and sounds great too...compared to the schecter...i didnt think it was worth 100 dollars more than the epi...
Gear

Soon to have Carvin California Carved Top
Fender MIM Strat (Warthog, Spotlight, Condor)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Valetronix Combo
Boss ME-50
Alvarez Acoustic
Quote by rockr09
Well, I got a 7 string, and I got a peavey rage 158 for home stuff, but I usually play through my friend's tube amp for gigs. Im just wanting a six string guitar now, cause I screwed all my other six strings up.

In that case, I'd agree with the people who said PRS SE, those guitars will do almost anything, IMO.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Ibanez RGR321EX

change the pickups to something that suits your music,

if you like metal and heavy stuffs, get something like mine.

dimarzios airzone or air norton and paf pro or something.

gd luck !
Guitar: Ibanez RGR321EX
Pickups: Dimarzios (PAF neck AirZone bridge)
Plectrums: Dunlop Jazz IIIs Black

Thanks for comments and advice so far everybody, but that Prs I posted has really caught my eye. How are the pickups and tuners on that model?
I'm saying a Les Paul Custom too...
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
Quote by rockr09
Thanks for comments and advice so far everybody, but that Prs I posted has really caught my eye. How are the pickups and tuners on that model?

Pretty good. They are quality guitars with quality parts.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Shecter Gryphon = 400
some high quality pickups of your choice = 200

or go for a Shcecter c1.

another choice is to get Agiles. Never tried them, but they look promising on paper.
Quote by rockr09
So what about this guitar + new pickups/ tuners?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Electric-Guitar?sku=518341

That one or the Prs I posted earlier

If it was me, PRS. I liked the neck better than the Epi's, and it's all mahogony. But, you really got to try them to decide.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

with 600 bucks you can get a mexican tele which is limited in sound variety but it has a unique tone .jacksons and epiphones and all of that stuff produce a neutral sound...they are not made for a specific purpose...even ibanez guitars are neutral...they do not have the uniqueness of a fender