i need tips on jazz chords, runs, licks, ideas, tabs, anything. i want to learn some stuff to expand my playing. if you could mention some sites, artists or any other info that might help i would appreciate it.
Hi tom
practice some blues scales.
Quote by bambi_slaughter

what sound does a baby make when you put it in a blender?
i dunno, i was to busy masturba ting.

Quote by maroon5mustdie
EVH. I saw him in concert. And his brother was seriously the worst bass player I've ever seen.

Quote by operation ktulu
if my guitar had a pussy, i would never leave my room
It depends on how far you want to go with it, people spend their entire lives studying jazz. If you want to make your playing a little more "jazzy" try these.

Learn to swing, listen to the Big Bands especially Basie and Ellington.
Google "jazz chords" and learn about altered chords and diminished chords
Check out the jazz minor, or melodic minor ascending scale (it's just the major scale with the flat 3). You can make modes out of it in the same you do with the major scale.
There are other jazz scales as well, altered scale, whole tone, diminished it gets a bit crazy
Learn to approach target tones chromatically.
Listen to the great players, early Louis Armstrong, Ellington, Parker, Miles, Coltrane (in that order)
Guitar players like Wes Montgomery (he's THE man), Kenny Burrell, Barney Kessel, Charlie Byrd, Charlie Christian, Herb Ellis.
Start with a 12 bar blues, learn how to include II, V, I's in the progression,when you've got that start learning jazz standards
Last edited by Patrick Curley at Oct 3, 2007,
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums