ok so, ive got about 300 bucks to spend on a new guitar. im looking for something like a Dean ML that HAS A WHAMMY BAR and is under 300 bucks. i was originally gunna get an Ibanez, but then i thought maybe i had enough money to get a Dean but everywhere i find a ML under 300 bucks it doesnt have a whammy bar AND I NEED A WHAMMY BAR!!
Quote by campbell92
Do you actually dance after each post you make?

...that would be so badass.

!!PanterA!!

Memeber #7 of the Altar Of Slayer!!
How much will you be using your trem?

Lots of divebombs or just light-vibrato use?

You're gonna have to most likely look for a different guitar.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
At that price range you would be well advised to avoid the whammy bar (unless you like constantly playing out of tune.) If you use it a lot you will be lucky if it lasts three months.
You won't be finding a Dean for $300 with a decent whammy. Save up a bit more and get a Dean 79 series ML. Pretty good guitars, but I don't know if the LFR in them is any good.
Be cool.
Pretty much the only guitar with a trem that is good and can handle a lot of abuse at $300 is the Floyd Rose DSOT-2.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
You're asking for the impossible. Well, it is possible, but it's going to be a **** guitar.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
save. you can buy the ML Noir, but its a bolt on and no inlays, and you can save for the ML 79 FR thats much better or ML shadow

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-ML-Phantom-XT-Electric-Guitar?sku=519815

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-ML79-wFloyd-Electric-Guitar?sku=512933

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Dime-Shadow-ML-electric-guitar?sku=514279

or buy a Cheap ML (XM, X, Matching headstock, Baby) and Put your own pickups and a khaler trem

www.wammiworld.com

but you still need to save
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Sep 30, 2007,
Find a used Ibanez with an original Edge, Lo-Pro Edge, or Edge Pro.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
dude, if you are still a begginer, dont get that whammy stuff as you will end hating it. just play a guitar in the music store with a LFR and you will seee the difficulties this brings to new players (im new too, only 1 year and a half) and your technique, so first worry about your technique and then worry about moving a bar.

IBANEZ_EDGE's point is good, but who would sell a vintage ibanez or a prestige one in 300 without being brain operated?

in this case, the best choice you have is the ML XM, ML X, ML matching Headtock or ML 79, but i better recommend you to save for a 79 FR or Shadow ML in like a year
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Sep 30, 2007,
Quote by blasphemus666
ok so, ive got about 300 bucks to spend on a new guitar. im looking for something like a Dean ML that HAS A WHAMMY BAR and is under 300 bucks. i was originally gunna get an Ibanez, but then i thought maybe i had enough money to get a Dean but everywhere i find a ML under 300 bucks it doesnt have a whammy bar AND I NEED A WHAMMY BAR!!

Not much good without a trem, but im sure you could use it to subdue angry fans.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
dude, if you need a whammy bar that badly and only have $300, check out the kramer strikers

its just a regular superstrat but if you can live what that they are decent
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by ldnovelo
IBANEZ_EDGE's point is good, but who would sell a vintage ibanez or a prestige one in 300 without being brain operated?

I got my 98 RG520QS with only a few dings in the back side or $300. It has an original Edge and it's MIJ.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
is there any way to get a guitar without a whammy bar and have it built in or sumthin?
Quote by campbell92
Do you actually dance after each post you make?

...that would be so badass.

!!PanterA!!

Memeber #7 of the Altar Of Slayer!!
Quote by blasphemus666
is there any way to get a guitar without a whammy bar and have it built in or sumthin?

Yeah you can rout out around the bridge area and install a trem.

It costs $$$ though.
Quote by utsapp89