View poll results: What should I do
Send it back to Musicansfriend
2 29%
send it to a shop
2 29%
fix it myself
3 43%
Voters: 7.
Okay so my Friend just got an amazing sounding Epiphone ej 200 ce acoustic guitar, I cant tell you how great it sounds unplugged and plugged, hes my acoustic guitar player for my Praise team at our church, and well we have a problem

He got it off of Musicians friend, and he bought it as a blem for the $100 off, we did not think anything was wrong with it we thought it was a steal, and maybe it still is but

while playing he had it plugged up going through the sound system, and when ever he would thump his strings with a rough palm mute, he would get this loud pop sound, I thought it was our monitors going out, but I soon realized it was coming from his new guitar

We tried changing the batteries, three different cords, and nothing seemed to fix it
To me it seems like from him thumping the guitar its causing a loose wire to move maybe, and I feel like it is coming from the output jack because when ever we wiggled the cord by the jack it would pop.

so should I
1. Have him send it back to MF and pay $100 more for one that is not on the blem list
2. have him send it to a shop, we are tired of working with shops in macon GA they all are just awful
3. Try to fix it myself

if you picked 3
I am an electric guitar player, I have fixed many output jacks, on electric guitars, and personally I would really love some advice from someone who knows how to get the output jack out safetly, so I can make sure the wires are soldered good
Go to a local shop and at least have them look at it. If the repair is over $100, obviously just send it back and pay the extra hundred bucks.

If it's just the output jack though, those can be fixed easily for very little..

Either way, take it to the shop just for them to look at and find out what's wrong.
^ That depends on whether or not the output jack has a preamp in it or not. I'm not sure on that particular model. Either way, musician's friend has a 30 day policy...i would just send it back, personally. Might as well just get a brand spanking new one...most of those "blem" or seconds are instruments that people have returned for whatever reason.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
I see what you are saying, but no this model does not have the preamp in the output.

I was just wanting to save my friend his $100, I was hoping it would be an easy fix

I am just not sure on how to work with an acoustics's parts

could anyone provide me with directions on how to pull the out put out and look at it

should I just take the strings off, loosen the front strap holder bolt, then is it as easy as pulling it out from inside the guitar, and if I do take it out like that, should it be just as easy to put it back, I am just wondering if this is how it is done
The "end pin" should just unscrew...and you should be able to take it out from the inside after you remove the the end pin nut. Good luck.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Yeah thats what I thought I am just timid about putting my arm inside of this guitar ive never done it before
It's probably a matter of tightening the jack-nut, sounds to me like it's loose, does the cable seem to move a lot when you push it in and out?

Quote by roamingbard13
^ That depends on whether or not the output jack has a preamp in it or not. I'm not sure on that particular model. Either way, musician's friend has a 30 day policy...i would just send it back, personally. Might as well just get a brand spanking new one...most of those "blem" or seconds are instruments that people have returned for whatever reason.

Blem stuff is "as-is" no returns etc.

Damn fine print
Okay So I ran over to his house today, I started playing with it, I saw that it would only play if it was at a certain angle. So after trying a couple of things we found out that the only problem is that the battery box case does not hold the battery in tight and that is why when we thumped it it poped so I put a folded paper and thats all it took to fix the problem.

Thank you all for your help, and thank the lord that this was all that it was