hey.i need some kick arse ps2 games.something like halo or a scary game.something that is awesome to play because i dont want to buy an xbox just for halo.any suggestions?good story line, good actionn,etc.
Last edited by tjfishrocker at Sep 30, 2007,
metal gear solid series, GTA series, Final Fantasy series, anything like those.

edit: oh and Gran Turismo 3 and 4.
Splinter Cell series

:edit
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 are amazing, and I usually don't get into that type of game.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Last edited by Miggy01 at Sep 30, 2007,
Mercenaries
Socom (any of em)
Grand Theft Auto (any of em...killin' hookers FTW!!!)
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Never played it, but Killzone is supposedly the Halo of PS2. You might want to try it. Okami is amazing though. And Timesplitters 2 is good for when you have friends over.
oh come on guys...

GUITAR HERO!
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Right, and instead of playing Tekken, go out and join a martial arts tournament! While your at it, put down that NES controller and go jump on some real turtles, pussy..
Quote by RageAgainst...
Mercenaries
Socom (any of em)

Hell yea! Lure em in the car, give 'em some lovin, get the health boost, then kill them and take back your money. Thats pretty much the only way to get by in that game.
Quote by Corpse.of.Dark
oh come on guys...

GUITAR HERO!

i hate that game. maybe thats just because i'm bad at it, but still.
Shadow of the Colossus. You either love it or you hate it.
Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance 2 (beats the first easily)
Quote by RageAgainst...
Mercenaries
Socom (any of em)

GTA is amazing, but my parents are way too nosy for me to get by with that
if you have 2 controllers then there can be some real action when you have more than 2 people trying to play the game, that is, if they are violentish
Quote by Retro Rocker
Shadow of the Colossus. You either love it or you hate it.
Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance 2 (beats the first easily)

Is Shadow of the Colossus good?Good fighting?
And is Pince if Persia any good?
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1 or 2.
Final Fantasy games.
NOT Kingdom Hearts.
Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3
Quote by tjfishrocker
Is Shadow of the Colossus good?Good fighting?
And is Pince if Persia any good?

PoP 1 and 2 were pretty cool, I haven't played the third.

Now SotC. In all honesty, there isn't much fighting. I didn't read your post properly.
In a nutshell, you ride your horse around a massive, desolate landscape, to seek out and kill the Colossi.

The landscape alone makes it worth playing, imo. Lots of mysterious ruins of old temples, cities, flooded castles etc. And again, it's massive. You MUST use your horse to get anywhere, unless you have a free week to kill.

There is a delicious balance of land, sea and air action, but fighting the Colossi is more about figuring out how to get to the weak spots. There isn't a great load of replay value in them. There is replay value in the overall game, however, if you like to ride around exploring/having fun with the glitches or are a completionist (which I do/am ).

The Colossi themselves are pretty badass. The best phrase to describe them would be 'organic structures'. Massive 'things' that seem to be made from gothic architecture and resemble certain animals/dude.

Music-wise, the battle scores are amazing, but unless you are actually fighting there is nothing except the natural sounds of your environment, like birds, water, footsteps, wind, etc. As annoying as this can be sometimes, I doubt anything else would've worked.

I'd give it 9/10.
God of War 1 & 2
Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eater
Guitar Hero 1, 2, and 3 (coming out soon)
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2
Devil May Cry 3
Resident Evil 4
Gran Turismo 4
Rachet and Clank (all)
Jak and Daxter (all)
Socom 3
and a bunch of other shizzle.
Be cool.
Crap...Most of these are rated M, and my parents are too retarded to let me play that.There going out of town this week. Do you think the guy at the store will let me buy an M?
You want lots of fun shooting action but not an M rated game.....The Ratchet And Clank Series
Holy crap I forgot Resident Evil.
Dragonball Z: Budokai 3 and Budukai Tenkai'ichi 3 are excellent too.
the Warriors.

That's right, come out and play.

Brothers in Arms. 1 & 2 are both my favorite FPS of all time.

Oh wait, don't forget about the Getaway, that game was the sh!te.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
God of War 1 and 2, GTA San Andreas, If you're just a casual gta player (hookers, rampages, stealing cars) if your into the plot and stuff, you might consider GTA III and Vice City, also FFX and FFXII. X-2 sucked big time. If you like racing, Grand Turismo 4 and NFS:Underground ( avoid Carbon at all cost) The PS2 has a better library than the Xbox, so go with PS.
Anyone ever play Manhunt? I thought it was a good game gorey experience but good. For X box Ninja Gaiden is awesomeness and I've heard good things about Escape from Butcher bay and Marrowind.
Another thing that I forgot to mention... if you are going to play Shadow of The Colossus and GUN at any point in time... PLAY SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS FIRST!!! I cannot stress this enough. If you want to know why, you will find out when you play BOTH of them.
Gun and The Punisher are the only ones i can think of that havent been mentioned. Killzone is a decent FPS, probably not as good as halo but i think its pretty fun.

edit: Okay maybe Gun has been mentioned lol and if youre parents are fussy about violence the Punisher isnt the best suggestion...Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter are great, non-M rated games.

If youre into Skating games Tony Hawks American Wasteland and PRoject 8 are good.

The truth hurts, but denial is what kills you.

Member #2 of the Fight Club Clan.
PM AndrewSchaeffer to join.
Last edited by нαиd of вlood at Oct 1, 2007,
Quote by tjfishrocker
hey.i need some kick arse ps2 games.something like halo or a scary game.something that is awesome to play because i dont want to buy an xbox just for halo.any suggestions?good story line, good actionn,etc.
I'd say Resident Evil 4, would be a good choice, it fits all of your criteria.

I have roughly 150 games for PS2, here are some good ones, they span a multitude of genres (in no particular order):

God of War Series
Prince of Persia Series
Shadow of the Colossus
Resident Evil 4
Devil May Cry 3
Burnout Series
Final Fantasy X and XII
Gran Turismo 4
Time Splitters Series
Guitar Hero Series
Ratchet & Clank Series
Grand Theft Auto Series
Metal Gear Solid Series
Okami
Tekken 5
Soul Calibur 3
NBA Street V3
Last edited by Negative Burn at Oct 1, 2007,
GOD OF WAR (2 is better)
TIMESPLITTERS 3 Future Perfect
Resident Evil 4
Devil May Cry 3
Killzone is okay
If you are into DBZ Budokai 3 is pretty good.

BLACK isn't too bad if you like haloy games that aren't multiplayer. The levels are soo long but the game is short if that makes sense.

Jak 2 and 3 Awesome Awesome Games. But Jak 2 can be really hard at certain parts. Great story's and stuff but good gameplay etc. its like crash badicoot met GTA and they did it and then good graphics came into it somehow and a decent story.

I'm not such a fan of GTA, cept goin crazy when the grannies and everyone has flame throwers.
Black is the best FPS, but it doesn't do multiplayer so you'd have to go to Killzone for that.

Guitar Hero is brilliant, although easier than a real guitar (obviously). But it does strengthen your fingers.

Devil May Cry series is amazing, and Resi 4 is also a fantastic game along the survival horror lines. Although a lot of Resi fans don't like the way they changed from the older games. But then again it is probably the highest rated game on PS2 or thereabouts.

Oh and GTA.
Quote by nosushi4you
It doesn't. I like jerking off, but I'm sure as hell not gonna do it with my Dad.
Quote by punkrocker10115
I <3 you!
Yes it is!
Second one to me

Kids, drugs are dangerous. Stay safe.