well i need help gettin a new amp i have a Marshall 15 watt right now sence my big crate amp was stolen..

so heres what im looking at :

Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack Package

-VS-

Marshall MG250DFX Stereo Combo Amp

__

I ussally take my amp to my nehibors house about a mile down the road sence hes my drummer so the half stack would be harder to lug aroung then the MG250..but idk..

please look at both before u post. I was leaning more twords the half stack obviously but i kinda like the MG250 as well...and theres about a $100 price differnce between the 2..(and like a $70 shipping fee for the Half stack)

What do yall think ..
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
Don't get either one of those junky amps man. Post your budget and music styles and UG will be glad to help.
well i only really play metal..dont need or want to play softrock or any of that junk..

budget is prolly under $700 maybe a lil more..
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
There are tons of nice tube combos that fit you budget, like the Peavey Windsor, pair it up with a nice cab that's not the peavey one and and good OD or distortion and you've got yourself metal.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
A Peavey Classic 30 is only $600 new, less if you go used. Believe me 30 tube driven watts will be as loud or louder than either of those amps you were considering and sound a million times better. Peavey Valveking 50 watt 112 is $449. Many others with plenty of power and great sound. Look for a tube combo between 30 and 50 watts and you will never need another amp.
Could probably get a 5150 combo used for $700, depending on where you live.

Or perhaps a used marshall combo? DSL401, jcm800/900 combo (i love mine).

Theres plenty of other options.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
i was lookin around and i a found a BRAND new in the box "Peavey ValveKing 212 Combo Guitar Amplifier"

for $478..i thought it sounded good? your thoughts
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
ok u know a good Pev. which is great overall and not a stack ?
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
Can I ask why everyone limits themselves to Marshall? If you want to do Metal, there are a lot better options than a Marshall.
I agree with the Peavey Windsor, since all you play is metal.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by dimeis#1
ok u know a good Pev. which is great overall and not a stack ?

A good Pev? Peavey? Well, the 5150/6505 series is great for metal, but has poor cleans.
The Windsor halfstack is great, too. Really ballsy British tone, but poor cleans.
The Peavey Classic series is nice, really nice cleans, and great classic rock gain...but would need a distortion pedal or an OD pedal to get to metal.
The Peavey Valveking series is an affordable tube amp, for sure, but needs a pedal for anything higher than maybe hard rock. I wasn't impressed with its cleans..
yea i ment peavey..but thanks for all your help..i like the valveking 212..im pretty sure my friend has 1..and it's real nice..
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
Quote by forsaknazrael
Buy a used Peavey 5150, and get a dolly, so you can wheel your amp around. Check craigslist for one.

The Windsor is good, but has terrible cleans. Wait a little bit, and the Windsor Studio is supposed to come out this October.

He plays metal, so cleans aren't that important

And I wouldn't get the Valveking, everything is muddy about that amp, just because it's tube doesn't make it good, it sounds a lot like a cheap SS amp.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by forsaknazrael
I find that to be a vast over-generalization, honestly....

But I realize what you're saying, but I thought I would just put that out there.

Yeah, but, he seems to not use his cleans very much, and if he doesn, you can still access them by turning the gain very low and volume higher, if he needs them that badly, he can A/B it with another amp
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
whats your thoughts on "PEAVEY TRANSTUBE 212 EFX AMP "

and only the peavy half stacks..they look good..but i live in north carolina..and most of the ebay is all pickup..

AND, honestly idc about cleans i really hardly ever play on clean i can only remember 1 time withen 2 months..and that was for a few minitues..

and if the Transtube 212 efx lacks overdrive i could just get a overdrive pedel..but do you think its a pretty decent amp ?
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
Last edited by dimeis#1 at Oct 1, 2007,
Quote by dimeis#1
whats your thoughts on "PEAVEY TRANSTUBE 212 EFX AMP "

nothing that's printable in polite company...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
nothing that's printable in polite company...

EDIT: do you do much publishing work when you're in polite company, mark?

i haven't tried that one, but i doubt you'll go too far wrong with a second-hand 5150 combo.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Sendrith
Could probably get a 5150 combo used for $700, depending on where you live.

Or perhaps a used marshall combo? DSL401, jcm800/900 combo (i love mine).

Theres plenty of other options.

+1 If you want to skip anykind of rock right into metal...go 5150
If you're going to be playing van halen esque gain go for a 401
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
i'd say it depends on the van halen era... if you're playing van hagar (or van cherone o_O), the 5150 would be great. but if you want DLR, yeah, 5150 is probably too modern. it'll do it, but there are other amps which'll do it better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?