Hi, Has anyone seen this before. I'am going to change the pots and 5 way switch because of crackling on my sons Mansfield. When I flipped over the pickguard I noticed the 3 pots are marked B500K. The 1st and 3rd pots have a cap on it.The middle one doesn"t. I thought B500k were for the TONE.Shouldn't single coils have 250k pots.Does this setup have a VOLUME pot?Is the middle pot the volume?Ive never seen this before . I've check wiring sites but see no strat with 3 tone pots. This is my first experience with a strat. Thanks.
This is the best pic I could get.. You can see the green cap on the pot closest the pickup . That pot also has VOLUME on the knob .The other 2 has TONE on the knobs.Thanks.
Hi, I got out my magnifer and yes the cap is soldered to the outer and middle lugs. I also noticed a resister under the cap soldered with the same lugs.Thanks.
^like i have 500ks for my single coils.

i want a B500k though. i have A500k, and all the changes occur at the extremes.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i have it. a variable treble bleed. (i don't like taking strings off and switching resistors.)

i should post it somewhere and take copyright lol.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by PTModIT
Hi, Has anyone seen this before. I'am going to change the pots and 5 way switch because of crackling on my sons Mansfield. When I flipped over the pickguard I noticed the 3 pots are marked B500K. The 1st and 3rd pots have a cap on it.The middle one doesn"t. I thought B500k were for the TONE.Shouldn't single coils have 250k pots.Does this setup have a VOLUME pot?Is the middle pot the volume?Ive never seen this before . I've check wiring sites but see no strat with 3 tone pots. This is my first experience with a strat. Thanks.
Linear pots (B) for use as tone controls is a popular misconception. Audio taper is better choice for both volume and tone controls. Gibson used linears for volume controls on several guitars that had separate volume controls for each pickup. There's valid reason for doing this, but I won't go into that here.

Why does this guitar use linears? Simple. They chose to wire the pots in reverse so that max volume occurs at full counter-clockwise. Many left handers feel this is better, ergonomically. That means the best choice would be reverse audio taper. Those pots are expensive and hard to find. The second best choice is linear.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Hi, All done . Bought 3 new B250k pots and a 5 way switch .Crackling is gone. Sounds like a new guitar. Thanks again.