Geezus Gawd - It's endless - there ain't no BEST GUITAR or BEST AMP... it's like WHAT'S THE BEST CAR or WHAT'S THE BEST STOVE...

There's lots of em. Try em' out - we're all different. Everyone wants the BEST Guitar - and everyone wants the BEST AMP. There's no magical answer boys. Everyone has loads of money and plays all kinds of cover bands but they don't know anything about guitars and amps???????

GEEZUS GAWD stop this madness.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
I think when people refer to "the best guitar, the best amp etc." They are referring to the best option for themselves. That doesn't mean it is the best in general. I think you should take a chill pill because you are mistaken.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
I think when people refer to "the best guitar, the best amp etc." They are referring to the best option for themselves. That doesn't mean it is the best in general. I think you should take a chill pill because you are mistaken.

+1
i think they should be called "whats your favorite", or " what do you preferr". it's kinda like saying "who's the best guitarest", there is no best , it's all opinions. all guitarests are =. because they each have they're own style of playing.
GUITARS:
Fender Strat w/ Seymour duncans
Agile Explorer w, SD livewire metal
Fender Telecaster w/ hot rail

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
It's easier to say "What's the best guitar/amp for *situation*" rather than saying "Which guitar/amp would you personally perfer to greatly utilize my playing for *situation*".

Shorthand, bitches.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
If people didn't ask this same question over and over us old guys wouldn't have anything to write about . Besides its mostly young people who need help. Some of them don't have any experience friends to help them out. I don't know everything by a long shot but I enjoy helping guitarists get started. Its all good.
What annoys me more is when people ask for specific advice, and others recommend stuff that are not even closely resembling what the ts asked for.

"Hi guys, can you help me decide between hese two Gretsch guitars for a Chet Atkins kind of sound?"
"OMG get the BC Rich DragonMutilator De Luxe with a built-in poleaxe!"

"So, I'm looking for amp to practice with my Black Metal band..."
"Dude, buy a Fender 1927 Blues Boy Junior 5W."
Just learn to laugh at the silliness and give the best advice you can. Don't take things so seriously. Sometimes two people can read the same sentence and get very different meanings. English tends to be a very imprecise language. It's really about enjoying helping the person who asked the question.
we need all of them, or else the economy of UG will fall and there will only be sensible posts!

Edit:
Quote by uldhppi
Just learn to laugh at the silliness and give the best advice you can. Don't take things so seriously. Sometimes two people can read the same sentence and get very different meanings. English tends to be a very imprecise language. It's really about enjoying helping the person who asked the question.

I just don't like it when they disregard your suggestion because 20 other people (that usually don't have a clue what they're talking about) suggest something different and tell the thread starter to ignore the good posts.
Last edited by Zofar at Sep 30, 2007,
Quote by thedude051
I think when people refer to "the best guitar, the best amp etc." They are referring to the best option for themselves.

You took the words right out of my mouth.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
Quote by kyrreca
BC Rich DragonMutilator De Luxe with a built-in poleaxe

That one's clearly the best! Is the poleaxe retractable or folding?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Calm your balls, TS!
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
I think you should ignore all the other posts and just listen to me.
maybe there should be a sticky, including all the genres and recommended amps/guitars
^ they're two problems with that

1. Most people don't read the stickies
2. It will rarely relate to their individual predicament.
damn, it smells like the pit in here. Am i really in the electric guitar forum.
Quote by ibanezguitarkid
i think they should be called "whats your favorite", or " what do you preferr". it's kinda like saying "who's the best guitarest", there is no best , it's all opinions. all guitarests are =. because they each have they're own style of playing.

obviously you've never listened to petrucci you nub
Quote by ibanezguitarkid

does that mean what I think it means!!! so this guy is just as good as this guy then? there guitars even look the same almost!!!
Last edited by samick007 at Oct 1, 2007,