may sound dumb but..
my friend let me borrow his audio recording/editing software. only problem is my amp doesn't have an output port that i can send audio through to the computer. is there something i can do withought having to buy a new amp to record on my computer (ie adapter of some sort)?
An adapter for what? That makes no sense.

I didn't know they made amps without output jacks.
all you really have to do is get an extra 1/4" cable, and 1/4" to 1/8" adapter and run it out from your headphone output jack (which most amps have) and plug into the microphone port on your computer...that is the easiest way to do it
My Current Rig
--------------------

Amp
----------
Ibanez TB100R Amplifier
Legion 4x12 angled cab

Guitars
----------
Ibanez PF Acoustic
Ibanez AX120
Squier Strat
Schecter C1XXX

Effects
----------
Line6 PodXTLive
Quote by bgroen
all you really have to do is get an extra 1/4" cable, and 1/4" to 1/8" adapter and run it out from your headphone output jack (which most amps have) and plug into the microphone port on your computer...that is the easiest way to do it

Oh. I thought he meant it had no output at all.
with the headphone jack (if you have one) you may have to only plug the cable half in, that's what i had to do with mine to get it to record on the pc. i have actually pluged the guitar straight into the pc with the adapter into the mike input, and it works, but sounds bad.