i thought this was going to be a thread extolling the virtues of the year 1997 in music, which would be cool and stuff. ok computer blah blah blah

the band didn't do all that much for me, but it wasn't dreadful. although they played in my town like an hour ago! whoa
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
I think 1997 was a breaking point in alternative music. Everything went downhill after Soundgarden quit in my opinion.
Quote by Saif Mehdi
I think 1997 was a breaking point in alternative music. Everything went downhill after Soundgarden quit in my opinion.

This is about the band 1997, not the year.

I saw an instore video from them on just acoustics, tambourines, and keyboards and everyone singing with no mics and I dug it. It's one of those bands I forgot to check out that I like.
EDIT: actually I have listened to them before. I used to have Garden Of Evil on my myspace. I liked that song. They are on the weirdest tour line up though. Aiden, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Still Remains and then them haha. I bet they were received well among that group although I think they would be the best band there.
Last edited by waldorphPRS41 at Oct 4, 2007,
I'd say 1997 are pop indie, and fairly folk

They are one of my favorite bands at the moment, and they're from my hometown. I know nearly half the people in the band

Water's Edge is great, but there's even better on the CD. A Better View of the Rising Moon was one of the best CDs this year (IMO)
Quote by waldorphPRS41
This is about the band 1997

Didn't know they existed...oops.