I have a Fender Hotrod Deluxe which is great for cleans but it doesn't get fuzzed up or overdrive in the same way that a tube Marshall would. I like the way it overdrives with my two overdrive pedals but I'm sure through a Marshall I would like it more. And certainly the fuzz would sound even better through the Marshall. What I'm wondering is are there any lower priced Marshall combos. Actually it can be like a clone too I don't care, just as long as the clone gets me the ballsy marshall tone I'm after.
well the best clones for decent prices would be Ceriatone, check them out, yo ucan ge them prebuilt or build one yourself.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Look for a Traynor YCV 50 Blue. They have a very Marshall-esque voice to them. And really, lots of amps have a ballsier crunch to them than Fender. You might be satisfied with the gain from a Palomino or Classic 30. The cleans on the HRD are great, but it's not a great hard rock amp.

BTW, I like fuzz boxes thru cleans. I'm not sure you'd like that better thru a Marshall.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
No no i still want the fuzz through a clean sounding marshall thats just like beginning to break up probably like a JTM I like a good Hendrixy, Trowery, David Gilmouresque tone. Psychedelic.
^^^ I dont play hard rock I play more Psychedelic rock that sometimes gets a little heavier but I have a big muff for that
Another +1 for the Traynor.

-anxiously awaiting the day when the world realizes that Traynor makes some awesome stuff.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by forsaknazrael
Ceriatone makes JTM copies, I think.

they make the 18 watters, and the JCM800 copies too. and plexis. so yea. just throwing options out there.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by forsaknazrael
Even a used vintage Traynor doesn't run ya up too much, and some of them were just like old Fender Bassmans and Marshall JTMs.

The old Traynors are awesome and built like tanks. I'd love one, but not everyone wants a vintage amp. Tube amps seem to be scary enough for a lot of folks around here.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Best thing to do is check eBay. Prices are going up. There's a guy on there looking for a starting bid of over $500 on a YBA-1. Great amp, literally a Plexi clone, but that's getting up there. There's another one under $300 you could watch. They're originally bass amps, but then again so was the Fender Bassman (which the Plexi is based on!).

The YRM is the old guitar amp, also great, and maybe available for less. Those YBA's have really caught on.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Best thing to do is check eBay. Prices are going up. There's a guy on there looking for a starting bid of over $500 on a YBA-1. Great amp, literally a Plexi clone, but that's getting up there. There's another one under $300 you could watch. They're originally bass amps, but then again so was the Fender Bassman (which the Plexi is based on!).

The YRM is the old guitar amp, also great, and maybe available for less. Those YBA's have really caught on.

Yeah....I'm really disappointed about that. I won't have enough money for one for a while, so by the time I set aside enough, they'll have gone up a significant amount...
Quote by slatsmania
The old Traynors are awesome and built like tanks. I'd love one, but not everyone wants a vintage amp. Tube amps seem to be scary enough for a lot of folks around here.

My 1970s Traynor cab has been through hell in back over the years, but is it still fantastic. Besides older (like 70s) Traynor stuff, you should give some early Marshall Valvestates a look.