Try the pan knob/setting?

Good song and great recording quality but yea the vocals seem to be towards the right channel a little more...

Whats your setup..hardware and software?
Try panning the vox to the left some in editing.
yea thanks! it helped some.

but i have tons of trouble getting the right vocal sound.

whats a good idea, as far as effects and stuff
I don't know if they meant "normalizing" as something totally different than what they referred to from context - what I think they meant was try it without all the effects on vocals.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Quote by thrice_removed
I don't know if they meant "normalizing" as something totally different than what they referred to from context - what I think they meant was try it without all the effects on vocals.

the only effect i used was reverb, i just dubbled the track.
Its a cool little song...Im trying to get vocals to sound good as well...things to use are EQ,Compression,Light Distortion,reverb,a bit of flanger if needed.

From what Ive read on mixing vocals when using EQ you want to get rid of the Lows in the voice so it will blend better or something.

I would add light distortion and some EQ taking out the lows i guess then add reverb or flanger if needed.

Im still learning to mix vocals as well however its getting better the more I read and find on the net.
Go to this page to hear my original song recordings

Click Here
Last edited by D_Vincent at Oct 1, 2007,
I get some great warm vocal effects by cutting both the lows and highs, boosting the mids (a small bit, unless you want a radio static sort of voice) and throwing a light tube compressor over it.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12