so, yea.

ive been listening to alot of jamiraquai

lol i hate the vocals, so much
i love the bass
so ive been listening to them for the bass.
and i feel like a loser for it.

any one do the same type of thing?

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
... kinda, but different.. I listen to some bands just because the lead singer has a sexy voice, but in general they suck... and I also listen to some songs because they annoy others.

but I've often repeated a song over and over just for the instrumentals.
I have a habit of taking everything I have by Sublime and putting it on shuffle.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
I wouldn't call any type of music a guilty pleasure. If you like it then it is good music. I love techno and electronic music and I get called gay because of it all the time. I listen to any kind of music and I think it is important to have an open mind and give everything a chance. Don't disregard music because of stereotypes associated with the genre. Listen to what you want and don't worry about what people think! Give "emo" and "techno" and all those other genres people hate a chance. There is really some good stuff. In fact, I would be proud if someone called my music "emo" because I believe that the main focus of music should be emotion and music lacking emotion is not music. Although my music doesn't fit the stereotypes of the "emo" genre, I would define it as emotional because every kind of good music is performed or composed with emotion. Sorry for the essay, but I have been meaning to vent this since my girlfriend told me she thought I was addicted to drugs because I like ska music. That was ridiculous! Thanks.

Edit: By the way Jamiroquai has some really cool stuff. I like the song from Napoleon Dynamite called "Canned Heat" and the song "Deeper Under Ground." It's really groovin' and the bass lines are unbelievably slick. That's not guilty pleasure - That's just awesome music...
Last edited by gunsnroses89 at Sep 30, 2007,
Quote by gunsnroses89
my girlfriend told me she thought I was addicted to drugs because I like ska music. That was ridiculous!

Musical stereotypes are a bitch aren't they? Alot of kids at school thought I smoked weed just because I adore Tool. How wrong they are
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead

I can play like 9 songs from The Pixies, and I can't stand them.

Also, I can play some Paramore. I don't like the music, but I would very much enjoy the company of their lead singer.
Umm...I listen to some bands only for vocals, but i suppose that isn't such a bad thing. For people at my school me listening to jazz would my guilty pleasure cus i'm always like RAWR METAL
i have a friend who has a load of disney songs on his ipod and knows all the words to the bear neccessities
Quote by bass dude nick
i have a friend who has a load of disney songs on his ipod and knows all the words to the bear neccessities

ahaha thats pretty funny.
I found the power rangers theme on my ex-girlfriends iPod, she just doesnt do it for me anymore....
power rangers = so not cool

I hate the lyrics to alot of Chili Peppers songs, in fact I just hate Anthony...but love playing Flea lines
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Cut off all your fingers, and keep them in a freezer until your cravings stop, then go to hospital and have them sewn back on.

If you manage to smoke without fingers then you deserve a cigarette
I can listen to any RHCP song. Because well, i love them
as everyone else in the world does. I can also listen to Strokes as many times as i want..

Oh by the way, NEW RADIOHEAD ALBUM!
woot.
Quote by brentonkim

woot.

New Liquid Tension Experiment > New Radiohead

Last.FM

Quote by Applehead

Quote by bass dude nick

I s******edgiggled at this until I remembered I have the original vinyls for The Jungle Book, and The Rescuers... TBH I only don't listen to them 'cos I don't have a deck!

I have very broad tastes tho; I have covers of ELO's Ma Ma Belle, and Human League's Being Boiled in the pipeline. Other guilty pleasures are measured by how much my love wants to smash them up. Georgia Satellites are at the top of the list!
Jamiroquai is an excellent choice however, I can spend hours listening to his arrangements. Stuart Zender =
Last edited by creepingjesus73 at Oct 1, 2007,
Uh... Moby?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Confused4930
New Liquid Tension Experiment > New Radiohead

Never heard of them
maybe i should see what they sound like.
Weird since i hate modern rap, but I find myself listening quite often to Crank That Soulja Boy
Whitest Kid U' Know of the Bass Militia
PM Dinky Daisy to join

Originally posted by Civildp1
I can't drink tequila anymore. it makes me do terrible things. Terrible naked things.
Quote by gunsnroses89
Sorry for the essay, but I have been meaning to vent this since my girlfriend told me she thought I was addicted to drugs because I like ska music. That was ridiculous! Thanks.

what the ****? I listen to TONS of ska and I've never been told I was addicted to drugs. The closest thing to that was listening to The Aggrolites and getting called a pot smoker.
I like to listen to D&B ever since Dan (MastaBassist10) got me into it.
Quote by brentonkim
Never heard of them
maybe i should see what they sound like.

They consist of John Petrucci, Mike Portnoy, and Jordan Rudess (all from Dream Theater), and Tony Levin (King Crimson). All instrumental orgasmness.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead

Nothing with Stuart Zender playing bass on it is a guilty pleasure.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by creepingjesus73
I s******edgiggled at this until I remembered I have the original vinyls for The Jungle Book, and The Rescuers... TBH I only don't listen to them 'cos I don't have a deck!

No kidding! It might be a shock to many of you that mean-ol'-prickly-ol' Fitzy is a huge Disney fanboy. I've been to Disney World almost 10 times now. Hell, I'm currently planning another trip. So I guess that's a guilty pleasure.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
The privilege of being a musician (even an amateur) is that you can appreciate any music without being guilty to anything.
I don't know how 'wrong' Jamariquai is, but the same discussions pops up whenever ultra light, poppy pop music is concerned. Elitist culture buffs tend to look down upon this music and on those who listen to it, but we know that this view is unjustified. The fact that music is produced on an industrial scale without much artistic intend doesn't mean it isn't good. The best composers and the finest musicians earn a living in that industry, and when these people go for it they can really pull something off. There is a lot of really awesome stuff to be heard in commercials, family film sound tracks, tv tunes and pop songs aimed at 14 year old girls.
Elitist culture buffs don't hear that; they only have their friends to tell them what's good. Poor sods.

(btw My sin is greater than yours. I love to hear Alan Jackson and these cheap and shallow lyrics actually bring tears to my eyes)
Quote by Marcel Veltman
The privilege of being a musician (even an amateur) is that you can appreciate any music without being guilty to anything...

Hell, you can love music even if you're not a musician.
I listen to Anal Cunt. =/
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
+1 to the guy who said Moby.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by brentonkim
I can listen to any RHCP song. Because well, i love them
as everyone else in the world does. I can also listen to Strokes as many times as i want..

woot.

you sir, like good music

id have to say that no matter what mood im in, the good 'ol RHCP have something that fits. It may not be the most complex ever, but they have just done so many genres and moods that its great to have everything theyve done. Rock on
yes: fall out boy

CURSE YOUR CATCHY CHORUSES FALL OUT BOY!!!!!!
Quote by bassboy 999
Cheers to you triple x maniac

Quote by snipelfritz
Wait, your dick is in a chick's ass, and you're complaining.

Its a sad, sad day.
Quote by jsbassboy
you sir, like good music

id have to say that no matter what mood im in, the good 'ol RHCP have something that fits. It may not be the most complex ever, but they have just done so many genres and moods that its great to have everything theyve done. Rock on

Thanks.
I'm not a very big fan of Stadium Arcadium. But it's a alright album.
But yeah, they have every type of mood in their songs.
Quote by triple_X_maniac
yes: fall out boy

CURSE YOUR CATCHY CHORUSES FALL OUT BOY!!!!!!

Thanks for the memories, indeed.

They weren't even that great.

I, too, find myself humming the sugar coated pop nonsense at the oddest moments. We all know Grand Theft Autumn is a fun song.
Old school dance music and gospel music. And odd bits of 1960s and 70s pop music. I could give Lenny Kaye a run in the Nuggets department of odd 45s and singles.

And the old Disney soundtracks are great, though not much a fan of the more modern stuff.

Jungle Book? Hello, that has Louie Prima on it! How awesome it that, I ask you.
^^^^ they got booed off stage here because 2 weeks before they came a chick got raped and they were makin fun of her

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Quote by brentonkim
Hell, you can love music even if you're not a musician.

Absolutely true. You don't need to be a musician to be open minded to many kinds of music. My hypothesis only works the other way round. My observation is that narrow minded genre buffs ('if you listen to that wrong music you can't be taken seriously by me and my group of people') are seldom musicians and if they are, they suck. It's always funny to watch those people shift taste whenever a trend setter in their group says something nice about some formerly wrong band or artist. Then suddenly the next day they tell everybody how underestimated that band or artist is, but that they themselves knew all along it was very good and that they always have said so.
Last edited by Marcel Veltman at Oct 2, 2007,
Natasha Bedingfield.

But my bassing guilty pleasures? Dixie Chicks songs and Blood Red Summer by COheed and Cambria.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
Hole... say what you want about Courtney Love as a person (because she has issues!), but she made some solid music.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by Narcotics
so, yea.

i love the bass

No i didn't, I don't listen to opeth because of the grunting. But hell I sometimes listen to the GP-tabs, they make some bad-ass songs.
Quote by Narcotics
so, yea.

i love the bass

nothing wrong with jamiroquai and yes the basslines are a bit mint
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."