okay, apparently my usa made custom shop BC rich is breaking, the neck is movable and ther are little cracks in my body up by the bolt on pocket....
crap
but anyways
ive been looking at new guitars
i was focused on ESP until dave mustaine left them after so long, unless hes a totally incredible source to follow...
then i was thinking jackson but someone told me fender owns them now which makes me wonder
then i keep hearing ibanez
ok ive played more than a few
and WHY DO THE NECKS FEEL LIKE PLASTIC WOOD?
was i just playing cheap ones? i remembr it was like a RG3 something or other
and the pickups were "emg designed" which to me basically means, "couldnt afford actual pickups"
whats the deal with everyone liking ibanez oh so much? i know Muhammed suicmez uses them (Necrophagist bitches) and i was wondering why people like them so much
the neck feels like playskool plastic
also what guitar should i get then lol
i played some schecters.... i dunno, i wasnt impressed with the playability of the neck,
and i also cant understand why "such a good guitar" is only 480$ at the guitar center in appleton,WI
I'm a firm believer that the Ibanez S series is one of the greatest guitars ever. Pure opinion of course, so no one can say I'm wrong. Anyway, I recommend you try one.
Quote by cinder39
I'm a firm believer that the Ibanez S series is one of the greatest guitars ever. Pure opinion of course, so no one can say I'm wrong. Anyway, I recommend you try one.

i agree
well ibanez necks aren't plastic, might just be the clear they put on it.

as for a good guitar

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/Ibanez-S320-Electric-Guitar?full_sku=512503%2e702
^ibanez S series. fast guitar, very vesatile

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/Schecter-Vengeance-Standard-Electric-Guitar?full_sku=518488%2e631%2e115
^schecter zacky vengence standard. kinda like a more metal SG

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/Dean-Razorback-DB-Electric-Guitar?full_sku=514870%2e001
^dean razorback DB. most people will swear by these guitars. pretty solid. geared for metal

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/Michael-Kelly-Hourglass-Limited-spalted-flame-maple-top-Electric-Guitar?full_sku=513847%2e010
Michael Kelly Hourglass. kinda like a more affordable PRS

hope that helps ya. also check you a couple of epiphone explorers. they can be hit or miss, but just try the ones thats are available at your GC and see if you like it
Guitar:
2000 Epiphone Explorer
Berhinger V-amp (LX210)
Danelectro distortions
Lyon Wah Pedal
Peavey practice amp (45 watt)
Lyon Artist Signature

Bass:
Ibanez GSR 200
Peavey amp (65 watt)
DOD grunge distortion
see why are all these guitars like 500$
i want 24 frets, hardtail bridge, and either active EMGS or some damn good SD's
shouldnt that cost more than 500?>
i HATE ibanez necks.
esp ltd ec 100qm
epiphone valve junior head
epiphone g-310 with emg 81/85
Quote by danielconant

well yes it would. with that your looking upwards of about 750+. i was just going off of the 400 you said. if you'd like something more towards that, i can find something. and hardtails kinda kill the sustain. strung through is better

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/Ibanez-RGT6EXFX-Electric-Guitar?full_sku=518870%2e001
^Ibanez RG with EMG pu's

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_jackson_slsmg_electric_guitar?full_sku=512234%2e974
^jackson slsmg soloist. has everything you asked for
Guitar:
2000 Epiphone Explorer
Berhinger V-amp (LX210)
Danelectro distortions
Lyon Wah Pedal
Peavey practice amp (45 watt)
Lyon Artist Signature

Bass:
Ibanez GSR 200
Peavey amp (65 watt)
DOD grunge distortion
Eh, plastic wood? I have a lewd comment to make on that, but really, you surely don't play a whole lot of satin necks. But hey, to each their own.

And it's not "couldn't afford actual pickups", it's just that some of us like the guitar, but don't want to pay extra for brand pups we'd never use anyways (as in real EMGs). So we get the guitar, toss the cheapos out, and put in the pups we like.

And Schecters are cheap because they're made in Korea on corporate mass production farms in excessive bulk quantities, from wholesale OEM parts, thus minimizing cost of production of every individual instrument. Just like any other manufacturer's budget-minded guitars.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
please elaborate on the neck think pifty, i admit im rather noob when it comes to guitar
i try but i just havent gotten out enough yet
Quote by danielconant
please elaborate on the neck think pifty, i admit im rather noob when it comes to guitar
i try but i just havent gotten out enough yet
If you've tried a 3 series RG, it means it had a satin neck finish. If that felt like plastic to you, then it's fairly strange. That finish is usually held in high regard - it's not sticky like a lot of painted necks, and it lets your hand slide on the back of the neck without effort. Your mileage may vary, though.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
i wouldnt rule out any guitar because dave mustaine dosnt use them anymore or because fender owns them.
Neck on my Ibanez certainly doesn't feel or sound like plastic.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by MetalMilitia212

I love the necks on an Ibanez. It was probably a ****ty model.

or the coating

but indeed they make fantastic necks

wizard's ftw
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Dont rule out ESP just because Dave switched to Dean. Look at the ESP LTD 400 series, they are great and have fast necks.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
i agree

I agree with the agreeer. I have only played Ibanez, and probably always will.
you played a low end ibanez, and that¿s normal in most low end models for any brand

i've played a few ibanez 8most of them over $600) and they feel like heaven, i don't like them for bends though, too thin)
Quote by danielconant

RG321MH with a pick up swap would be less than $500, and would be an amazing guitar.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by Chimeray
"I played some" There's your fault, go take the good ones

Yeah then you will never want to use a different neck.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
RG321MH with a pick up swap would be less than $500, and would be an amazing guitar.

Amen to that brother! I've got a candy apple green rg321 with a pink JB and a white '59, and it looks and sounds mint as. Including paint job, locking tuners, earvana compensating nut and and strap locks, it cost about 600
Quote by danielconant
okay, apparently my usa made custom shop BC rich is breaking, the neck is movable and ther are little cracks in my body up by the bolt on pocket....
crap
but anyways
ive been looking at new guitars
i was focused on ESP until dave mustaine left them after so long, unless hes a totally incredible source to follow...
then i was thinking jackson but someone told me fender owns them now which makes me wonder
then i keep hearing ibanez
ok ive played more than a few
and WHY DO THE NECKS FEEL LIKE PLASTIC WOOD?
was i just playing cheap ones? i remembr it was like a RG3 something or other
and the pickups were "emg designed" which to me basically means, "couldnt afford actual pickups"
whats the deal with everyone liking ibanez oh so much? i know Muhammed suicmez uses them (Necrophagist bitches) and i was wondering why people like them so much
the neck feels like playskool plastic
also what guitar should i get then lol
i played some schecters.... i dunno, i wasnt impressed with the playability of the neck,
and i also cant understand why "such a good guitar" is only 480$ at the guitar center in appleton,WI

Well, I can answer your last question. Schecters are made in Korea, not in the U.S., which explains how they can sell high quality guitars at low prices.
Quote by Mud Martian
I love my Ibanez. I'd recommend the S Prestige to anyone.

The S-prestige is the exact same guitar as a normal S. Its made in the same factory. Just it has a figured top.

rip off.
Don't be so eager to count out Jackson b/c Fender owns them, they are a very bad ass machine. Some models offer FR and EMG 81s and 85s, and others have SD's. All $600-800
You can't judge a brand of guitars by one guitar. They have different models. Different models have different pros and cons.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Ibanez......i think they're a waste of money, and your right mate theuy do feel like they plastic necks!
Sorry ibanez players, dont take it personally

as for dave mustaine, he left ESP because he was fed up with their endorsement!
but i you really decide you dont want an ESP, check out WASHBURN.
They're awesome!!
I use the Washburn X50 PROFE, but loads of artists use them and love them as much as i do!!

Here are a few people who use WASHBURN:

Scott Ian (anthrax)
Dimebag Darrell
Dan Donegan (Disturbed)
Phil Sgrosso (Asi lay Dying)
Paul Stanley (Kiss)
Nick Catanese (BLS)

....just to name a few out of hundreds! even check it! http://www.washburn.com/artists/index.aspx
Quote by chea_man
i wouldnt rule out any guitar because dave mustaine dosnt use them anymore or because fender owns them.

Yeah I thought that was a weird comment too! I can't say I'd follow Dave Mustaine's advice when choosing a guitar and as for Fender, well ok they don't focus on metal guitars but come on!
Ibanez makes some of the best bang for the buck guitars out there. And like mentioned above about the S series, I'm a firm believer the the AR series Artists are some of the best guitars made. But, like every other guitar maker, they sell low end, budget guitars, just like Fender and Gibson sell Squier and Epiphone. Ibanez' only fault is not being smart enough to release these cheaper guitars under a different name.
lol, i played literally dozens and dozens of guitars before i found my schecter... it's possibly the best 350 ever spent
Quote by MetalMilitia212

I love the necks on an Ibanez. It was probably a ****ty model.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Ibanez makes some of the smoothest playing and sounding guitars around. I myself own an Iceman IC-400, but I of course replaced the pups a long time ago. Playability of it is excellent though, Ibanez is much easier to handle than Fenders, IMO.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by danielconant

if your thinking about ibanez, i'd look into dimarzio pickups
Top lel.
This is far and away the strangest thread I've ever seen on this forum.
You criticise a company of guitar manufactures on the basis that they're owned by fender (oh, the irony of you complaining about uncomfortable necks...).
Then you proclaim that you changed guitar brands because someone else did it.
Then you play one guitar of the Ibanez brand, a brand I'm not particularily fond of, and decree that they all have uncomfortable necks.

Ha-ha.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Quote by guitarnoize
Yeah I thought that was a weird comment too! I can't say I'd follow Dave Mustaine's advice when choosing a guitar and as for Fender, well ok they don't focus on metal guitars but come on!

+1 to the dave mustaine comment.

i mean come on, ESP is still heavily endorsed by people like George Lynch and Kirk Hammet.

Even Roope Latvala (a long time jackson user) switched to them.
Thats not to say that jackson is sh*t, but it shows that people are prepared to sign to esp.
Top lel.