Hey, just wondering, does anyone find talking on the phone as hard as i do? Everytime im on the phone, it just gets real awkward for me, and it always goes into those awkward silences. Anyway, any tips? I can't talk on the phone for more than 5 minutes
is it becuase you're talking to a girl or you always have the same problem?
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
I know exactly what you mean. Just do whatever you can to keep the conversation going, if that's what you're aiming for. And make them talk a lot.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Damn I have the same problem too. Stupid phones! Curse their usefulness.
Quote by PT 2 DOOR RULE
If I have bad creepy dreams tonight, your ass is toast Still Life

Quote by skeptopotamus
Dream Sexy...dream Still Life...

Last.fm runs my life
i have the same problem
Quote by mista cricket
Passive pickups? Are there such a thing as aggressive pickup s?

I use a Dvorak keyboard; put this in your sig if you do too.
yeah i know what you mean. everytime i call someone, i kinda get scared...
i hate those silences too. i swear i was talking to my grandparents and there was a 15 sec silence. i told them i covered the mouthpiece and was answering someone's question.

btw i hate it when people talk to you while you're on the phone
you told him to try to build bricks without straw
he asked you to build cities without bricks
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Keep asking questions, then talk about what you were just doing. Especially if it was masturbating.

Just a quick correction.
Right here with ya buddy.
Duckksecks

Duck #5 of the African Water Hole fan club PM findingmyway to join!
Where's the Anti-phone club?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Anytime I create an awkward silence i just say "awkward silence eh?" and they'll be like "yeah..." and start talking. I always throw in the eh? too, even though I dont normally talk like that.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
my phone calls never last for like 1min, its always like 30 sec or something like tht lol

What Goes Up

Must Come Down
That's why I usually send text messages, even though I hate trying to type on my goddamn phone. I also hate the idea of text messages, but I'm so bad at talking on phones it's all I can do to not sound like a dumbass who just learned ENGRISH!
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
I hate talking on the phone, not because it's awkward, but because it keeps my hands from playing beautiful music.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by shut_up_n00b
I hate talking on the phone, not because it's awkward, but because it keeps my hands from playing beautiful music.

Someone's a bit cocky, eh?

When you get that awkward silence, like when your parents walk in on you ****ing your boyfriend, just say, "An awkward silence, a gay child was born."
Quote by shut_up_n00b

Pshh, n00b. Can't even scream through your axe with one paw.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Talk about things that you're good at, or you would do on a regular basis, anything you're familiar with. Like school, your future, anything you believe in.
peanuts and beers
This happens all the time with me on the phone. If I'm talking to someone in person that I don't know very well (especially girls), it's the same way.
i completely agree. im not good at starting conversations. I usually just let the silence extends until the other person comes up with something to talk about. than im usually ok for a little bit.
ehh
Quote by ReBoRnBaND4
I know exactly what you mean, thats why texting is so great!!!

its the truth.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
That's good I thought I was the only one who had this problem. People are always telling me to get some goddamn phone manners and I just can't help it. And the akward silence thing is always terrible.
I used to be that way. now I dont think about whether or not i should say something. just say random stuff, and see if a conversation comes from it.
You are not a slave...
That's usually how it is for me. The only way I can have a good phone conversation is if it's with someone who can conduct a phone conversation well enough to keep giving me subjects to talk about.
I hate having to talk on the phone, even with family.
Quote by FriskyDrisky
haha i dunno know. like if i sh*t or fart i know they smell really bad, but I enjoy the smell. Like I'll fart on my hand and then smell my hand. I dont think thats normal though...
I keep my phone calls short and to the point the longest one I've had in this month was probably two minutes.
i used to suck at it a few months ago, until my GF randomly called me and we talked for 2 hours...

but no matter what, i hate to talk on the phone
damnit, what pisses me off is when a friend calls me and they dont have anything to say. its like why the **** did you call me in the first place when you have nothing to say?
I'm not the best phone talker either. Usually when I'm talking to someone, they always ask either of the following:
a) Are you depressed?
b) Are you high?
c) Are you drunk?
d) Are you tired?
e) Are you hungover?
f) All of the above?

I usually have a strange/monotonous tone over the phone for some reason. Some people find it sexy, others just find it strange.
I suck at talking to people face to face, especially chicks...
On the phone however, once I start paying attention, I can hold a decent coversation.
However, I still hate phoning people's houses, cause having their rents pick up is awkward.
Quote by RageAgainst...
is it becuase you're talking to a girl or you always have the same problem?

lol mostly to my gf. its just weird
eh is that a boy thing???

i have no problems at all......... i dont get these problems u all r talking about. lol
i dont even answer my phone when it rings, i prefer texting, i feel comfortable texting lol
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
I just got off the phone after a three hour conversation with my girlfriend We just talk about anything and everything, from how good lunch tasted to wether or not aliens exist. Theres endless things to talk about.
I'm not good at talking on the phone, but I do it anyways. Avoiding social problems isn't going to make me better at life.
I'm a communist. Really.
I just took a phone call and made myself out to be a complete retard, so don't worry about it.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."