Alright, so after having my epiphone les paul custom for 3 months now, I have discovered that about three notes just dont play. 2nd string, 13th fret, 5th string, 15th fret, and a few others.
Now, I know a les paul custom isnt the greatest guitar in the world, but honestly, this kind of ****ty stuff really shouldn't be happening to it. Is there any way to fix this? Or am I just ****ed?
Rap is music too. It is just another evolution of the medium. Don't be a douche and say it isn't.
Try raising the action, and if that doesn't work, it may either need fretwork or a truss rod adjustment.
more than likely at that location on the neck it needs the truss rod adjusted
Come to think of it, Sometimes a poorly made set-in neck can have a bump around the area that its set in, do you see or feel any kind of bump around that area?
I really doubt it's the truss rod, more likely uneven frets. It may also have a warped neck, that's a common problem on acoustics, and the reason I don't like set necks much in general. The neck warps away from the body and a hump forms at the point where the neck joins the body. It's a real pain to get it back to normal, if it's possible at all. I've been fighting it on my Takamine acoustic for 5 years, if it wasn't such a great sounding guitar I would sell it and get another one. Problem is I can't find one that sounds as good...or has a decent neck, most acoustic necks are too fat for me.

Look down the neck from the tuning head. The neck should bow very slightly away from the strings in the middle, and it should not have a hump where the neck joins the body. If it's perfectly straight, the truss rod needs to be loosened a bit to let it have some back bow. If it arches evenly toward the strings, it needs to be loosened a lot. If it bows away from the strings a lot, it needs to be tightened to bring the middle of the neck closer to the strings, too much backbow makes it harder to play and adversely afects intonation. You have to push the strings harder in the middle so it will run out of tune.

If you see a hump where the neck joins the body, it needs a lot of work, and it's not easy to get back to normal. I've leveled my frets, then filed just the ones over the guitar body, tweaked truss rod several times, stored it leaning against a wall, and let it have as much humidity as I can get to help it go back to the original position. I've finally gotten it to the point I could take out the shims under the bridge saddle and it plays pretty good now, but it's taken 5 years of tinker a little and let everything settle in for several months then tinker some more.

If you see just a slight backbow and no hump, then the frets probably need to be leveled. That involves either sanding or filing the tops of the frets to an even height then re-crowning them, which means filing the round top back onto each fret. It's about a 3 hour job for me.

I've also seen twisted necks, which means the neck is twisted like a corkscrew, the nut and bridge are not parallel with each other. In that case it can't be fixed, only a new neck can solve the problem. Since this is a set neck, or I think Epiphone Les Pauls are set neck, it will cost more than the guitar is worth. You did say Epiphone Les Paul right? not Gibson...if it were a vintage Gibson it might be worth it, but a new Epi will cost less than replacing the neck or about the same, assuming it's a set neck.

If you're not really familiar with guitar repair and good at it, take it to a competent tech, preferably a luthier, and DO NOT touch the truss rod unless you definitely KNOW what you're doing, it breaks easy.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...