What are they best suited for?
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
It's essentially a single-coil pickup.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
i hear they ar elike in between a hum and single. mostly used for blues/classic rock
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I think hes talking about the pickups.

I tried them in the store once, they're alright. A lot of people are obsessed with them.
Gear listing coming soon...
I think they are best suited to blues and classic rock, but you may be able to push them into metal. They are a little higher output than many other single-coils. They have a character all their own. Like other singles they tend to get a little noisy with high gain, but not bad. A little shielding gets rid of most of it.
their awesome. i use them for jazz in my es-175. they are a single coil pickup. their pretty hot compared to a fender style single coil. lots of mids for a single coil they have.

edit; haha wow, that last sentence sounded like yoda
Yeah, they are a bit higher output, but still certainly a single coil. My Gibby has P100s, which are the humbuckers of the P90 world. I adore them, lol.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
my sg has two. great tone (and i play pop/punk), and like someone mentoned with high gain they hum a bit. i still havent figured out how to get rid of it. ...shielding?

Guitars:
1998 Gibson SG-X Carribean Blue
Dean Avalanche
Amps:
Marshall JCM900 SL-X Head w/ Orange 212 Cab
JMF 120T Vintage
Fender 212DSP
Pedals:
Fulltone OCD, TC Electronics Flashback Delay, MXR Classic Overdrive, TC Electronics Polytune
Rock n' Roll
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
p90 in a guitar??

jk

as stated above... they are best for classic rock imo, i do know people though that love them for punk though. If you wanna go metal buy something else.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Quote by wazmunstr
my sg has two. great tone (and i play pop/punk), and like someone mentoned with high gain they hum a bit. i still havent figured out how to get rid of it. ...shielding?

Well all single coils hum. P90s have larger casing, meaning they hum more.

Anyway I love P90s and I'd say they're for classic rock and blues. Listen to Tommy era (1969-1970) The Who and Mountain.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
nice and meaty, but open with clarity. has that nice single coil "snap" on the lower strings. as was said earlier theyre a bit noisy with high gain applications.
+1 to TahJermie. Listen to "I'm Free" by the Who. One of the best tones from a P90 I've heard. It's got snap and meatiness, like a slim jim
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Quote by InanezGuitars44
i hear they ar elike in between a hum and single. mostly used for blues/classic rock

+1

Quote by uldhppi
I think they are best suited to blues and classic rock, but you may be able to push them into metal. They are a little higher output than many other single-coils. They have a character all their own. Like other singles they tend to get a little noisy with high gain, but not bad. A little shielding gets rid of most of it.

also +1.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Awesome, thanks guys.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
they are great for punk, blues, classic rock and jazz
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps