17 18%
jimi hendrix
15 16%
jerry garcia
14 15%
jimmy page.
5 5%
Voters: 93.
After reading a great book on bob dylan that detailed his extensive drug usei got to thinking, which 60s artist did the most drugs? My moneys on bob dylan.
I'm gonna have to say Keith Richards.

I don't think it's fair to say Syd Barrett...as his friends laced his coffee with LCD...so that wasn't entirely his doing.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Gunpowder

I don't think it's fair to say Syd Barrett...as his friends laced his coffee with LCD...so that wasn't entirely his fault.

Damn i wish someone would give me a free LCD.
Quote by Gunpowder

I don't think it's fair to say Syd Barrett...as his friends laced his coffee with LCD...so that wasn't entirely his doing.

That wasn't the only time he'd done drugs. And we're not talking about drug users who died, we're talking about drug users in general.
Jimi Hendrix?
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
Quote by NGD1313
Timothy Leary.

What do I win?

I agree with this guy.
SPACE FOR RENT
Quote by Gunpowder

Syd was a huge psychedelic drug user, such as LSD. One time he got high, non stop, for like 3 days straight and he locked his girlfriend in a closet for 3 days only feeding her biscuits that he shoved under the door.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Last edited by Dimebag22 at Sep 30, 2007,
Quote by mr_yajirobe
i heard that before shows jimi would cut a slit in his forehead, then lace his bandana with acid. thats gnarly!!

Not to sure about the slit in the head thing, but I know he used to place strips of LSD in his headband before the show
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
Quote by geener
That wasn't the only time he'd done drugs. And we're not talking about drug users who died, we're talking about drug users in general.

I know it's not, he was a huge drug user and he did so much he went insane. But it was friends slipping him drugs that really pushed him over the edge; he didn't do some of it of his own free will.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Lou Reed? Iggy Pop?

That list sucks.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Jimi Hendrix
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I read Keith's biography. That man did a lot of drugs. I don't think anybody off of that list could beat him. He needed 2 and a half grams of heroin a day to feel normal at one point.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Of the 60's? Morrison.

Overall? David Crosby. He's been to rehab more than any other musician.
AHAHA i tricked you all.

After 1967 morrison rarely used acid. He always said alcohol was his drug of choice. He might of dabbled in heroin but nothing to major.

And yah i forgot to add some people, but thats bound to happen.

Id go with richards/dylan.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
I read Keith's biography. That man did a lot of drugs. I don't think anybody off of that list could beat him. He needed 2 and a half grams of heroin a day to feel normal at one point.

Gonna have to go with Keith as well.
And damn...2.5 grams a day...thats ALOT!
Jim Morrison was more of a drinker, why is he winning this poll? I'd say Richards probably takes it.
Last edited by Sabu at Sep 30, 2007,
Quote by Sabu
Jim Morrison was more of a drinker, why is he winning this poll? I'd say Richards probably takes it.

+1

People probably think that Jim was a heavy drug user because of the way his music sounds.

But, Kieth was a HUGE drug user though you might not find much of a 'psychedelic' or drug influenced sound lots of his music.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by highway62
AHAHA i tricked you all.

After 1967 morrison rarely used acid. He always said alcohol was his drug of choice. He might of dabbled in heroin but nothing to major.

And yah i forgot to add some people, but thats bound to happen.

Id go with richards/dylan.

Morrison was actually pretty heavily into cocaine for a brief period.

I don't know if I like the idea of this poll though, I love these musicians as much as anyone and psychoactive drugs are an area of interest for me to say the least, but it's probably better than we evaluate these individuals on their contributions to music instead of attempting to further glamorize their sometimes excessively indulgent lifestyles.
How could you not include Syd Barret?

I didn't vote because I know Barret was the biggest drug user.
peanuts and beers
How can anybody not say Hunter S. Thompson???

He is the worst than Barrett, Morrison, Richards, Page mixed!

Read his stuff. You'll know.
Quote by Syd Barret..
How can anybody not say Hunter S. Thompson???

He is the worst than Barrett, Morrison, Richards, Page mixed!

Read his stuff. You'll know.

If you're gonna go the HST route, then don't leave out Ken Kesey...I mean, he did travel around with the Merry Pranksters and was the inspiration behind Tom Wolfe's The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test.
Keef should be a drug by now...

But, after hearing pretty much all of Lennons solo albums...I can confirm that he was indeed doped out of his head for most of it...
Quote by gallagher2006
Keef should be a drug by now...

But, after hearing pretty much all of Lennons solo albums...I can confirm that he was indeed doped out of his head for most of it...

Keef is most DEFinately a drug. Keef is just THC crystals.

A friend of mine scrapes the keef catcher in his grinder so infrequently that the stuff is literally caked onto the sides. I had to use a knife to scrape it off last time I cleaned it out for him. He doesn't like it, so he gives it to me and I sell it to my friends that use vaporizers.