So, I searched and it seems as though this band doesn't have a thread.

I think they're one of the better thrash bands out there...quiet possibly the best thrash band I've heard.

They definitely deserve their own thread.

'Darkness Descends' is pure thrash pwnage.

Listen to Dark Angel. GO! PREPARE THE BONER OF THRASH!
I'd say they're probably better than all 3, especially better than Metallica, I know. There's no way you can compare something like "Seek and Destroy" to an insane thrash song like "Darkness Descends".

I would say that Dark Angel is probably thrashier than Metallica and Megadeth. Maybe even Slayer...

There are people out there that say Dark Angel is better than Slayer. I would probably say they're right...especially when it comes to soloing.
THE SENTENCE IS DEATH
DARKNESS DESCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENDS!

I like Dark Angel more then Slayer, and Gene Hoglan does perhaps the best thrash drumming job in history on Darkness Descends.
soloing maybe but sincerely all that darkness descends is a power chord add a string of 16th notes repeat or just hit some power chords and add a string of 16th notes maybe a small spur of pull offs here or there... but yeah soloing is prob better than Slayer... personally I think Slayer is alot better; take Merciless Death... aside the bass intro, repetitive as hell, yeah south of heaven and raining blood sound alike, but at least all their songs have some more riffs... sincerely i thought they were generic as hell :X... -hence the quick delete- I remember uh this peruan band... torturer i think was pretty good thrash circla 1989/92 -cant remember..-... slayer's solos arent that bad, some have great moments... take war ensemble or seasons in the abyss or dead skin mask to name a few :X... all i haer from dark angel is 'darkness descends' from everyone ... Ghosts of War alone destroy anything this album has to offer :P -well at least from my humble goddamn mother ****ing opinion-
Darkness Descends is just great because of the raw and agressive production IMO,
i also have Time does not Heal but i dont really like that one because of the singer musically its great but the vocals bring it down for me
Quote by greety

Yes we also shot JFK and faked the moon landing here at the UG Metal Forum.
Quote by gimme_fuel_89
Dark Angel is one of the best thrash bands ever.

Period.

+100
They were the best Thrash band .

i never realy listened to any thrash album darker,heavier ,quality produced than their last effort Time Does Not Heal,easily my favourite thrash album .

PAIN"S INVENTION MADNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
Wolv
ROTGLMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Merciless Death is a FUNNY ASS SONG... that high pitched girly scream is funny as hell sounds like South Park trying to play thrash LMFAO XD (around 1:40 in the song then later on... then his random higher pitched screaming/yelling) roflmao
I was just listening to the whole Darkness Descends album about an hour ago. Awesome...nuff said.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

I recently got Darkness Descends. It's like woah. Me likes. I really like the beginning bass riff in merciless death. But I often find the vocals (as mentioned earlier) a little, meh. Like when they're good, they're great, when they're bad they're embaressing
'The Burning Of Sodom' is the greatest Thrash tune ever written.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Yeah, so Darkness Descends is a badass album.

MERCILESS DEATH!

Though yeah, the vocalist isn't that good.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
the vocalist is pretty good,i think he's better than that annoying guy in nevermore
Wolv
****ing sick band.
Quote by Sagdiyev
This man's an anal masturbator, he knows what he's talking about.
Quote by Thedarkwolf
that annoying guy in nevermore

Fail? Yeah, I think so.

Although Dark Angel's vocalist isn't bad. It's the same style as Tom Araya, nothing wrong with that.
Dark Angel were tagged as being "Slayer clones," but it was actually the other way around. Dark Angel influenced Slayer. Slayer used play Dark Angel songs during rehearsals. They mentioned DA guitarist Jim Durkin in their thank-you list for the Show No Mercy album. It was Gene Hoglan's idea to have the group chant of "Evil" during the chorus of "Evil Has No Boundaries." Hoglan was a roadie for Slayer, & he was an influence on Dave Lombardo. Slayer just got the breaks first. And when Dark Angel started to get some attention, Slayer started slamming them in the metal press.
Oooh and also i found out that Tallica copied the machine gun double bass drum thing... at 55 secs on Darkness Descends check it, then look at One - tallica
D D was released 86, ...ajfa 88 or 9 cant remember
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
Dark Angel is badass. I love Time Does Not Heal. DD isn't as interesting to me but it's awesome as far as pure aggression is concerned, it's hard to find something more thrashy than that. Sick stuff.
Quote by Mr. President
THE SENTENCE IS DEATH
DARKNESS DESCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENDS!

I like Dark Angel more then Slayer, and Gene Hoglan does perhaps the best thrash drumming job in history on Darkness Descends.

+1
I'm listening to Darkness Descends now. I finally get it. You're not supposed to pay attention to the fact that it all sounds the same because it ****ing slays! All the way through. Short, but sweet.
I've found Jesus
thrash's selling point basically. I am hard pressed to listen to whole thrash albums longer than 40 minutes.

but yeah, the ultra violence is tits.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by progbass

but yeah, the ultra violence is tits.

You're thinking of Death Angel

I used to get the two confused as well.
I've found Jesus