It's high time we start a thread for this amazing band. They're my fourth favorite band of allllll time.

Which is kind of saying a lot. Because I have a lot of favorite bands.

I absolutely love the way they write their music. It's the kind of music you can absorb yourself in. I can, at least. It verges on emo without being whiny. And Caithlin's lyrics basically summarize situations I can relate to. Like, seriously. I know everyone says that, but it's da troof.

But anyway. Geek out time, kidzzz.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Last edited by K-Lizzle at Sep 30, 2007,
i dl a few of their songs off polyvinyl a long time ago. i really like breakfast of champions but i never delved further.
at one point i had their last album on my computer. it was ok. nothing spectacular from what i remember. maybe i will dig the cd out next time i go home and give it another shot.
Catastrophe Keeps Us Together is not their best album. I'm not saying it's a bad album at all, but it pales in comparison to their earlier stuff.

Listen to Look Now Look Again and then tell me they're not spectacular.

somewhat_here - you should totally delve further.
K-Lizzle, Polyvinyl Records have their whole discography (expect from Catastrophe Keeps Us Together) for $40.

Should I get it? Keep in mind that I haven't heard any of their stuff yet.
Well, I'm obviously going to say yes.

But you might want to, like, sample them out before you shell out forty bucks on their catalog. I'd suggest listening to things like "Broken Radio," "Ears Ring," "Artificial Light," or "Breakfast Of Champions" to kind of get your foot in the water. If you like that, which I suspect you will, then you could delve into stuff like "Tinfoil" or "Half Past April" or "Always More Often," which is a bit more intense.

Or you could start with their entire discography and just trust me when I say that it's amazing.
Last edited by K-Lizzle at Apr 12, 2008,
Well, I still haven't re-listened to them yet.

I shall do that now.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I tried to upload some of their stuff for you - but every time I do, it just like freezes up. My computer is so ghetto.

But I wanted you to know that I haven't ignored your request.

But yeah - they're kind of an acquired taste, I guess, so it's probably a good idea to try them out first, to make sure you don't just absolutely hate it.
Thanks for trying.

I just found a torrent with all their albums, but it only has two seeds. So before I commit my computer to this for the day, what are some songs I should look for?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Mm... I'll make a list of my personal favorites.

Past Worn Searching
"Tinfoil"
"Half Past April"
"Viva Anger, Viva Hate"
"Always More Often"
"Never In Anger"

Look Now Look Again
"Rise"
"Broken Radio"
"Breakfast Of Champions"
"The Reason The Night Is Long"
"I'm Melting!"

A Better Version Of Me
"Artificial Light"
"The Seven Sisters"
"Hell And High Water"

Long Knives Drawn
"Mystery And Misery"
"Long Knives"
"Ears Ring"
"Floors"
"CT Catholic"

Catastrophe Keeps Us Together
"Catastrophe"
"Life Of Leisure"
"Bottle"
"Southpaw"
I've listened to Catastrophe and am listening to Ears Ring now, and I take back back that I don't like them. I don't know if they will ever be my favorite band, but I'll keep listening to them.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Successssss!

Technically, they will never be my favorite band, either. That slot will always belong to the Strokes. But they're preeeetty close.
I know, right?

Caaaaaaaaaall an aaaaaaambulaaaaaaaance.