Hey guys, so I have been playing the blues for about 2 1/2 years and I am looking to get into metal. I have my eyes on a japanese made RG470. Is that a reliable guitar, or will the floyd give me a lot of problems?
I would appreciate as much info as you can give.
Thank You
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
-Mark Twain
i wouldnt recomend a floyd. i hate mine, i play a lot of tunnings like drop d, drop c, dsus4, and when its a pain to change tunnings. if i wanted to change it would probably take like an hour so i just leave it in standard
Quote by acoustic87
Hey guys, so I have been playing the blues for about 2 1/2 years and I am looking to get into metal. I have my eyes on a japanese made RG470. Is that a reliable guitar, or will the floyd give me a lot of problems?
I would appreciate as much info as you can give.
Thank You

It's a good guitar, but unfortunately that Floyd will give you a problem or two, or many. LoTRS on RG470 is one of the worst Ibanez tremolos, second only to its Korean twin LoTRSII. It swaps with original floyd rose, but that's additional expenses...
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Speaking of trems, what does ILT means on the current Gios?
My Gear:
Epiphone LP Black Beauty (2007)| Washburn WM24K (2008)| Ibanez Iceman IC300 (2003)| Ibanez GRX40 (2004) w Gold Lace Sensors| Roland Microcube| Marshall G10MK.II Amp| Zoom G2.1u| BOSS Metal Zone

Yes, I am a simple guy.
it's a nice guitar, but the bridge (unless it's a limited edition 2003 version, and don't quote me on that) is a lo-trs, which is quite frankly one of the worse floyd rose copies known to man. Mine lasted about 6 months. now it won't stay in tune for toffee.

get a 550/570 instead.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by areola
Speaking of trems, what does ILT means on the current Gios?

it stands for "I lose tuning".
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by pifty
It's a good guitar, but unfortunately that Floyd will give you a problem or two, or many. LoTRS on RG470 is one of the worst Ibanez tremolos, second only to its Korean twin LoTRSII. It swaps with original floyd rose, but that's additional expenses...

yeah, plus the studs are too small for an OFR, so that's worth bearing in mind too. it's not an effortless swap.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?