Viola's are much larger in size.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
the size, which means it resonates lower pitch, making it sound a little fuller, and not too bright.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
the size, which means it resonates lower pitch, making it sound a little fuller, and not too bright.

= less annoying
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
^yea that's another way to describe it.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
They're both good instruments to play. But if you choose Viola, you'll cop a bit of sh1t from people in an orchestra (planning you choose to play in one). There's no real reason for it, just an inside joke i guess.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
The Violin is tuned to G D A E and the Viola is tuned C G D A. Viola also has a larger body to compensate for the lower string. I kinda miss orchestra...My middle school orchestra, at least. That teacher was so awesome. The high school one sucks and that's why I quit orchestra...At least I got to play guitar on a couple of songs on the last 8th grade concert. I was totally Ygnwie Malmsteen that night. Hahaha, not really..Only similarity was that I was using my Fender strat...it wasn't yellow though.
viola has lower pitch, when you read for it you also read a different clef.
Viola has a lower C string and is slightly larger. Violin is tuned (E, A, D, G) and Viola (A, D, G, C).
Viola covers more harmony parts and counter melodies. There is ALWAYS a lack of viola players.
DRM, it's killing music.
if you can play one you can play them both. if you played violin for a while and picked up a viola to play it would be just like going from an electric guitar to a classical guitar. the neck would be a little thicker. thats all you would really feel. the difference between them is violas are slightly larger and have a lower pitch. what ever you decide man just rosin up that bow and play that fiddle hard.
Quote by RedSox_o4
if you can play one you can play them both. if you played violin for a while and picked up a viola to play it would be just like going from an electric guitar to a classical guitar. the neck would be a little thicker. thats all you would really feel. the difference between them is violas are slightly larger and have a lower pitch. what ever you decide man just rosin up that bow and play that fiddle hard.

Wrong. Viola plays in a different Clef. Though the transition would be easy for anyone with some music theory knowledge.
DRM, it's killing music.
Quote by bradulator
= less annoying

I disagree, I think that the violin's timbre is one of the most beautiful-sounding of any instrument.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
^that's when played by a nice violinist.

while most people only play violin at home to practice for school's orchestra. that's where people get bad impressions of a great instrument.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^that's when played by a nice violinist.

while most people only play violin at home to practice for school's orchestra. that's where people get bad impressions of a great instrument.

This is truth.
DRM, it's killing music.
Ah, well, you can say that about any instrument. If you hear an inexperienced guitarist trying to play, especially if s/he is trying to play something beyond his/her skill level, of course it won't sound as good as an experienced guitarist.

You know what instrument gets a bad rap? The accordion. Accordions are so metal.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Gunpowder
Ah, well, you can say that about any instrument. If you hear an inexperienced guitarist trying to play, especially if s/he is trying to play something beyond his/her skill level, of course it won't sound as good as an experienced guitarist.

You know what instrument gets a bad rap? The accordion. Accordions are so metal.

Hell yes.
DRM, it's killing music.