Page 1 of 2
then what sub-sub-genre of death would u play? and what would you call your band seeing as death metal bands like to name themselves after unpronouncable medical terms or just plain invent words that sound vulgur, i'll go first, i'd play technical death , and the name would be something that is catchy and signifies our style as well, so, POO FIGHTERS!!!!!
all death metal bands name themselves after something medical and cruel, so why not armfart???? what's not medical and cruel about armfart????
Shayol Ghul ...and would go for the berzerker style brutal electronic grindcore lol idk wat im talking about
I already started a death metal band...it's a joke death metal band called Spastic Discharge, and they kick ass!!

www.myspace.com/spasticdischargesucks

Thanks in advance for checking it out.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
for any type of death metal related inspiration, one should always look to the greatness of cannibal corpse, i mean those guys should have their own dictionary of crazy words put together to make awesome death names!!! I CUM BLOOD!!!
Progressive Death. Daet Haip.

Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
ide play Apocalypsecore and I would call it The spinal cord rippers from the inner burning pit of hell.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by spider666
for any type of death metal related inspiration, one should always look to the greatness of cannibal corpse, i mean those guys should have their own dictionary of crazy words put together to make awesome death names!!! I CUM BLOOD!!!

Pfft, Cannibal Corpse have nothing on Necrophagist, they have all kind of br00tal, big words like Pulverizing Maggot Infestation, Parasitic Devourment of Hepatic Tissue, Requiems of Festered Gore, Advanced Corpse Tumor, Fermented Offal Discharge, Dismembered Self-Immolation, and Pseudo Pathological Vivisection,
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by edwardthegreat5
Pfft, Cannibal Corpse have nothing on Necrophagist, they have all kind of br00tal, big words like Pulverizing Maggot Infestation, Parasitic Devourment of Hepatic Tissue, Requiems of Festered Gore, Advanced Corpse Tumor, Fermented Offal Discharge, Dismembered Self-Immolation, and Pseudo Pathological Vivisection,

those types of name, though brutal, would be obvious to the people what type of music you play, i say name your death metal band something like white puppy or sugar keyboard or something, and then unleash your retarded fury on the unsuspecting public!!! , n ohh yaa, necrophagist ****in owns!!!
Most death metal band names are just the most brutal thing you can think of like grandma **** or something.
I used to be a death metal band called Affliction Before Dissolution. I hated the name almost as much as I hated our other guitarist. It was bull**** from the get go.

For now I have an as of yet unnamed side project with a few members from my old bands rival band, Until Death. I dunno what you'd call us. Our singer doesn't sing about death or gore, but the band itself is true to death metal style musicianship. Kind of a cross between Necrophagist and Opeth. Progressive technical death metal?

We're just metal for all I care.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

An electronica techno-dance death metal band called Electricbloodface. Sort of along the lines of Daft Punk meets Six Feet Under.
I would play progressive death metal.

The Band would be called 'Welcome to Deathlahem!'
I'd call it Gaping Flesh Wound so we could on metal bills, but then we'd play Gin Blossom covers just to **** with people.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
i didn't know death metal had sub-genres (it's not my scene), but judging from the rest of the names people have come up with, wout fecal matter be appropriate?
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Viking metal. Definitely.
And I'd name my band Skíðblaðnir. Just because it's something Norse and no one would be able to pronounce it.

Oh yeah and to flambe chicken: Fecal Matter is already taken. It was Kurt Cobain's first band.
Quote by flambe chicken
i didn't know death metal had sub-genres (it's not my scene), but judging from the rest of the names people have come up with, wout fecal matter be appropriate?

It's already a grunge band

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fecal_Matter
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Melodic Progressive Death Metal.

You are gay.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
something fast and grindy as hell
have everyone dress up as leprechauns and sing about one subject only.

POO!

band name?

overweight bald men in thongs

or OBMIT for short
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Oct 1, 2007,
Subgenres of death metal? Death metal is a subgenre in itself, and doesn't have a lot of sub-sub genres. You could say techincal/progressive death metal, but that's about it, and it doesn't very much describe the music.

Unless you have a different view than I do on death metal - for me death metal is Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Nile...
I'm a communist. Really.
Blues Death Metal.

"Tastes Good With Chicken" or "Eyes Stabbed Out All Over the Floor Bleeding While Maggots Feast on their Souls Bleeding and Shucked Corn Dyslexiatum Erectum Decapitatum"
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by spider666
all death metal bands name themselves after something medical and cruel, so why not armfart???? what's not medical and cruel about armfart????

I lol'd
Armfart hahahah
HI
Quote by Raziel2p
Subgenres of death metal? Death metal is a subgenre in itself, and doesn't have a lot of sub-sub genres. You could say techincal/progressive death metal, but that's about it, and it doesn't very much describe the music.

Unless you have a different view than I do on death metal - for me death metal is Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Nile...

dude there are like so many sub-sub genres to every music style, not only death, you just have to delve a little, and yaa the bands you said are the prime example of what death metal is, but even here there are diversities, but it's all metal at the end of the day, unless of course you are danny filth, danny filth is the britney spears of metal.
Quote by spider666
dude there are like so many sub-sub genres to every music style, not only death, you just have to delve a little, and yaa the bands you said are the prime example of what death metal is, but even here there are diversities, but it's all metal at the end of the day, unless of course you are danny filth, danny filth is the britney spears of metal.

Name some? All I can think of is, and here I'm using my imagination to make up ****...
- Classic death metal (Napalm Death? Don't know for sure)
- Brutal death metal (CC, Deicide, Nile)
- Melodic death metal (Wintersun, Dark Tranquility)
And then there's two "subgenres" that aren't really subgenres in my opinon...
- Progressive death metal (Opeth) - just a way of saying it's a mix of genres
- Techincal death metal (Necrophagist) - just a way of saying it's hard to play on the guitar and doesn't really follow scales
I'm a communist. Really.
I would play Brutal/Technical Death Metal. The band would be called... umm...
Balamuthia mandrillaris???
Quote by Raziel2p
Name some? All I can think of is, and here I'm using my imagination to make up ****...
- Classic death metal (Napalm Death? Don't know for sure)
- Brutal death metal (CC, Deicide, Nile)
- Melodic death metal (Wintersun, Dark Tranquility)
And then there's two "subgenres" that aren't really subgenres in my opinon...
- Progressive death metal (Opeth) - just a way of saying it's a mix of genres
- Techincal death metal (Necrophagist) - just a way of saying it's hard to play on the guitar and doesn't really follow scales

Actually, Death or Morbid Angel would be "Classical" Death Metal. Napalm Death is actually grindcore (or they used to be, they're more death metal now).
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Actually, Death or Morbid Angel would be "Classical" Death Metal. Napalm Death is actually grindcore (or they used to be, they're more death metal now).

exactly, and there are a few more sub genres like blackened death, and of course you mentioned progressive death and melodic death, but the variations between bands may be so slight that even they themselves won't know what type of death metal they are playing

and pingis, awesome avatar man!!! dime is god and i love the way he ****ing moves in the domination video!!!
Death Funk Metal!

Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
melodic "blackened" death metal

with funk
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
someone sould try forming a new alternative death metal band - SMASHING PLEVISES
GrindCore...

Not Taller than Trees.

Cool ****
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
if i was to start one, i'd ask what the hell happened to my formerly good taste in music and also why i was in bizzaro world.
Page 1 of 2