could u take this guitar here and swap the pickups or are the mini-humbuckers smaller and it wont fit regular ones? just curious
u have to take out the existing pickups, rout out more wood, and then put the regular ones in.

so in short, no. you need special tools.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i agree u save money too try to find a guitar with the specs u want
tombst0ne designs
Digital art ,CD covers,posters,anything let me now
my gallery
im just askin questions its not like im tryin cheapskating my way out of, naturally i want the cheapest best deal but im not bein stingy. anyone use the pickups before?
I thought the pickups lacked a bit of the depth of some of their full size counterparts. They were very crisp though, and dealt well with many classic rock sounds.

As far as the guitar goes, I wouldn't mess with it unless you want the sound associated with the mini-bucks. It'll be easier (and about the same price in the long run) to just buy a Les Paul standard. May I suggest looking into the Vintage Mahogany model: dirt cheap, and fantastic pickups (even if it isn't nearly as pretty as a standard).
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
i have that guitar and i love the pickups and i was thinking about changing them to some dimarzio hot mini buckers or emg p81/85 which is a humbucker in a p90 housing.
Quote by Kendall
I thought the pickups lacked a bit of the depth of some of their full size counterparts. They were very crisp though, and dealt well with many classic rock sounds.

As far as the guitar goes, I wouldn't mess with it unless you want the sound associated with the mini-bucks. It'll be easier (and about the same price in the long run) to just buy a Les Paul standard. May I suggest looking into the Vintage Mahogany model: dirt cheap, and fantastic pickups (even if it isn't nearly as pretty as a standard).

yea i was lookin at that guitar except i despise the colors it comes in. maybe ill just get it and get it painted idunno