Hi.

so heres the deal, i have a laptop with two harddrives (c and d).

Vista is installed on C, and last night in installed xp on D, and now when i switch it on xp loads up automatically.

my question is, how can i choose between which os i want to boot up?

cheers.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Try f11. f8, f9. lol it should be one of those, someone else by know the exact one. It well let you choose what OS you want to boot from im pretty sure. Its the same menu that asks whether or not you want to boot from safe mode i think. If you get put into your Bios you hit the wrong one./

EDIT- Do this right when your computer starts booting up.
Because XP is older than Vista, when it installs it won't recognise the Vista partition to create a dual-boot entry for it.

You need to edit the boot file for XP and add the Vista partition so that it will ask you which partition you want to boot when you turn on your PC.

You can do it in the Recovery Console, or edit it manually in Windows, either way
Gibson Les Paul Studio // BKP Nailbombs
Dean Performer Key Largo

Marshall JVM215C
Fulltone Octafuzz
Dunlop ZW-Wah
Quote by JEEtoP
Because XP is older than Vista, when it installs it won't recognise the Vista partition to create a dual-boot entry for it.

You need to edit the boot file for XP and add the Vista partition so that it will ask you which partition you want to boot when you turn on your PC.

You can do it in the Recovery Console, or edit it manually in Windows, either way

nice one, m8.

how would i go about doing this then?

cheers.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------