I posted thread one day ago, and people tell me that good amp for me is Peavey Valveking 112, and Peavey 30 Classic. Wich of that 2 I pick?
At home i have got Yamaha F-20, and i'm not happy with the amp. I play rock,metal, sometimes blues. I have dunlop cry baby wah wah and boss ds-1 distortion.
Tell me wich of that 2, and why.
please.
Gah. I already told you!!! xD

Classic 30 with an overdrive for metal. The cleans are better, in my opinion, and it's generally a nicer amp.
yes i know tah you told me, and I listened you. And now I can't make decision because 30 is good amp but i think that is for blues, jazz(pedal will solve the problem) but valveking is louder. What's the differnce between that two amps?
You probably won't notice a volume difference between the Classic 30 and the Valveking. The Valveking will have a bit more headroom, though. The differences are:

Classic 30 has a shared EQ, whilst the Valveking has independant EQ sections for each channel. Also, the Valveking has an effects loop, but I don't think the Classic 30 does. I think the Classic 30 has a better speaker than the Valveking, though I'm not entirely sure. Also, they're differently voiced. The Valveking is more of a modern amp, whilst the Classic 30 is, as the name suggests, more of a vintage-sounding amp. However, with something like a Metal Muff, you could get a metal sound from it as well.
The Classic 30 is the better amp (and it does have an FX loop!).

There's a reason Peavey sells their 50W VK for less money than their 30W C-30. It's higher quality. I'm pretty sure the Classics are still made in America (mine is), while the VK's are made in China. Some Chinese stuff is great (see: the Vox AC30CC), but there have been some quality issues with the VK.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
but VK is louder, and then i must use distortion pedal. ****, i'm now realy in mess
Quote by yamahargxc
but VK is louder, and then i must use distortion pedal. ****, i'm now realy in mess

I haven't played them head-to-head. In reality, all things being equal, a 50W tube amp won't be significantly louder than a 30W tube amp. But things aren't equal between the C-30 and the VK. There might be a difference in clean headroom, but the C-30 has plenty of that. It also has plenty of gain. More than enough power for gigs.

I have a C-30, I never considered a VK. That's all I can tell you.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
The Classic 30 is the better amp (and it does have an FX loop!).

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, Slats

Yeah. The Classic 30 will be better for you in almost every scenario if you get a pedal. Trust everyone who's told you so - they know their stuff (I don't know enough to be part of 'they' ).
Boost it with an overdrive like an Ibanez Tubescreamer.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
TS, the valveking is an okay amp at best, the peavey classic is far from the best amp in the world, but its in a different league to the valveking IMO.

I think you have got the wrong thoughts in your mind, 30 watts tube is WAY more than enough than what anyone should need, you really wont be able to get a 30 watter up to max without your ears bleeding, or by standing outside the house (slight exageration, but 30 watts tube is really loud)

Now, tone-wise the classic has a Much better tone (obviously IMO, but often shared by everyone else too) than the valveking, it may be more vintage voiced for its cleans and natural OD, but turn the pre up and the post down, balance all the levels, then kick in a nice OD on top of the 'gain' channel and you will have quite abit of gain to work with, it may not be metal, but it will easily go to modern rock gain with an OD pedal, and will cover clean-blues-classic rock and even some less-gained modern rock on its own without the pedal.

Pedalwise you could go for a TS (maxon 808 is my fav out of the TS pedals) or if you try the amp out and think it still hasnt got enough gain on its own, maybe a metal muff...or both?

Although I may be flamed for saying it, the DS-1 will do for now (but it wont be that good) to act as an OD on top of the classic's OD channel, just make sure the gain is not on full, more like a quatre, and turn the volume up to make up for loss of volume.
Problem!! I don't have enough money to buy Classic 30 . Any good combo up to 500$?
VK 212?
You should always try used if its an option to you, as long as you see and test the amp out before you hand over cheques then all should be well.
Quote by yamahargxc
can i get max. of metal muff with classic 30?

I don't understand your question.

If you like the Metal Muff, odds are you'll like how it works with the C-30.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
The C-30 isn't a "vintage" amp as much as it's a "jack of all trades" amp. It doesn't really specialize, it's does a lot of things rather nicely.

I'm not a metal player. I watched that video. Was that good or bad for you? Seemed good enough to me, but that might be why I refrain from giving t3h br00talz advice.

Anyway, in your budget range you might find other amps more directly suited for metal (B-52, Randall), but they probably won't be as reliable or as nice with the cleans or other genres.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
More of a modern sound than the Classic 30, but you'll probably still need something to push it into metal territory...
Personally I dont think the laney lc30 is better than the peavey, it can get abit shrill at higher volume supposidly, and also is expensive unless you are in europe.