Anyone from Melbourne or know what it's like there?
In terms of the music scene that is.

What kind of music is at the forefront of it, is the music scene very active.. etc etc.

It would help alot, thank you.
The Melbourne music scene rocks, I've heard it's the best in Australia. There are all types of bands, mostly rock at the forefront sorry I can't be more specific, but if you like music Melbourne is great (be sure to visit the Espy or Tote)
<my signature>
I like the Melbourne Shuffle
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Quote by BenFoffenbock
I like the Melbourne Shuffle

*stabs in the face*

yeah id also like to know more about the melbourne music scene, espically metal.

But i know 1 thing...Melbournians love Iron Maiden
Last edited by Mattmakesmetal at Oct 1, 2007,
Quote by Mattmakesmetal
*stabs in the face*

yeah id also like to know more about the melbourne music scene, espically metal.

But i know 1 thing...Melbournians love Iron Maiden

Yep, sold out in 15mins, I just got a ticket!
If your into metal, check out Vanishing Point. They opened for DragonForce and they were awesome. Their new album got four stars in yesterdays Herald Sun. Hopefully they'll play some shows
Quote by The Spoon
i wasnt wikipediaing blow job okay, it just happened

Quote by primusfan

one time i fucked a sofa.

Quote by Draken
Freedom of speach?

on a private website?

Based in Russia?

i'm sorry comrade, but you fail.
Quote by civilunrest
If your into metal, check out Vanishing Point. They opened for DragonForce and they were awesome. Their new album got four stars in yesterdays Herald Sun. Hopefully they'll play some shows

yeah i got my tix aswell in the mosh. cya there!
Perhaps I should rephrase lol.

How would a musician who doesn't have any sort of reputation fare over there?
Quote by Mattmakesmetal
yeah i got my tix aswell in the mosh. cya there!

I'm not in the mosh...top level...they were the best I could get

But TS, I reckon it wouldn't ne too hard to make a fair for yourself as long as you work hard. The best places are the Tote and The Espy.
Quote by The Spoon

Quote by primusfan

Quote by Draken
Freedom of speach?

on a private website?

Based in Russia?

Guys we need like a Melbourne club here for the dudes that don't have bands (i.e. me ).

Anyway, the Melbourne music scene is heavily rock and DJ oriented, although we have a decent metal thing going on and from the sounds of stuff from a friend a fairly good hardcore scene.
Quote by marmoseti
Mastering your instrument is being able to play whatever you hear in your head, unhindered by inadequate technique. After that, it's all about what you've got to say, so there would be no "best," just a bunch of people saying exactly what they mean.
Sorry to hijack, as I can't answer your question (but there are a lot of happy-go-lucky punters in Melbourne), but sweet jesus, I thought I'd never see you again here CJ.
How may The National D help you waste your time?
Quote by MadassAlex
Guys we need like a Melbourne club here for the dudes that don't have bands (i.e. me ).

and me

theres some good local hardcore bands, if thats the kinda music your into
and for reputation n stuff, just go out play shows give it your all, you should get a good fanbase if you play good music
Quote by MadassAlex

Anyway, the Melbourne music scene is heavily rock and DJ oriented, although we have a decent metal thing going on and from the sounds of stuff from a friend a fairly good hardcore scene.

If your looking to join a band there's a thread for Melbournians in the Classifieds forum. But you'll have better luck on melband.com.au
Quote by The Spoon

Quote by primusfan

Quote by Draken
Freedom of speach?

on a private website?

Based in Russia?

Ive heard that the music scene in Melbourne is the best in Australia. It's got good coffee as well.

Anything is better than Brisbane's music scene
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
well i am from melbourne, and i';ve seen adelaids metal scene, sucks compared to melbourne, yeah atm its hardcore all the rage though, hartdcore and metalcore, most of the bands i know are either hardcore or straight metal, but we have the VCA here and there pumping out quality jazz artist everyday not to mention the corner hotel which is putting on heapos oif up andcommign artist often
me you

if you notice any spelling mistakes, or grammar stuff, its cos i have tourettes syndrome and i cbf correcting it, cos that involves reading it over. so get the F*** over it.
Yeah, see some of you in the Iron Maiden mosh at Rod Laver.

A band that I dont mind, more rock than metal though, is 21 Summers. I met up with the guitarist and talked with him for like 2 hours. He really has some skills. They arent bad live and for about $10 its defiantly worth it.
Quote by slash6464
well i am from melbourne, and i';ve seen adelaids metal scene, sucks compared to melbourne, yeah atm its hardcore all the rage though, hartdcore and metalcore, most of the bands i know are either hardcore or straight metal, but we have the VCA here and there pumping out quality jazz artist everyday not to mention the corner hotel which is putting on heapos oif up andcommign artist often

I wouldn't say Adelaide's metal sucks compares to Melbourne, it's just that Melb metal has always been the strongest. A lot of bands even move there (from Brisbane in the last few years alone Death's Head, Urgrund and Trench Hell have moved to melb) just because there is a bigger following.

Adelaide still has some awesome stuff like Cauldron Black Ram and Stargazer.
Shadilay.
Quote by civilunrest

You like Vanishing Point?

Bass player is my art teacher.
yeah i might go see Black Majesty on their album release in Melbourne this Saturday. We have to get behind Australian Metal!!