1960 A, AV or AX
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

thanks
well im talking about marshall cabs and whether the standard 300 watt cab with 4 75watt celestions, the AV cab with vintage 30's or the AX with green backs would be better for hard rock/ metal
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

AV with Vintage 30s is probably the best for you.
Gear:
Gibson SG '61 RI
Fender MIJ 62RI Tele
PRS Singlecut SE
Epiphone Sheraton II
Ibanez AEG10NT
Orange Rocker 30
Blackstar HT5C
^There we go.

I'd suggest the AV for metal, but the AX would work nicely too. It really depends on whether you want a modern (vintage 30) or vintage (greenback) sound.
how would greenbacks handle the cleans

I think greenbacks handle cleans better than vintage 30's, but i could be wrong... i'm kinda in the same situation as you are...
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
^ its in the sig

Oh, i meant by choosing between those cabs. My brain says 1960AX, but my wallet say 1960A
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
get a 2nd hand 1960a, sell 2 of the speakers in it, and replace with vintage 30s in an X pattern.

Cheaper, and sounds better than the A or AV by itself IMO. You can probably get away with it for half the cost of a new 1960AV
yeah my wallet screams feed me

would 2 V 30's and 2 greenbacks go together well

or would one dominate due to wattage