Ok, I've been playing just over a year, and I want to see if I can upgrade my gear to get more metal for my money.

First things first, I have a Roland Cube 60. Now, I know that 90% of tone comes from the amp, but I'm simply not upgrading that anytime soon. I plan to get a nice big tube amp in the future, but not now. That being said, what other sort of gear should I get to refine my sound outside of a new amp? I have a junk fab metal pedal, but I never use it. I usually just use the Rfier setting on my amp. So what sort of effects or anything else do you think I should look into?

Oh, and right now, I'm playing through a custom agile ghost III with emg 81/85.

Thanks
uhm i dunno, sounds like all you needs an amp,whats the problem?
maybe an actual better guitar rather then just ramming emgs in em
Your amp does not take pedals well. It is a modeling amp, right? It should have all the effects you need. Don't buy anything until you upgrade the amp. One possible exception may be an EQ pedal, but I wouldn't bother with it right now.
^ The man speaks the truth. Your next gear upgrade should be a nice, high quality metal valve amp.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Well, apart from the amp, the only things you can upgrade are your guitar and pedals. You could try getting a better overdrive/distortion pedal to boost the cube, but I suggest you try the pedals at the store before you buy one.
i'd say you're probably good as is, until you make the jump to a high gain tube amp...

just make sure you aren't using 50 cent leads/cords and the like, as that can be a false economy...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by uldhppi
Your amp does not take pedals well. It is a modeling amp, right? It should have all the effects you need. Don't buy anything until you upgrade the amp. One possible exception may be an EQ pedal, but I wouldn't bother with it right now.

meh depends on the pedal and if it is in the Clean channel mode use say

Tuner pedal + EHX-Metal Muff pedal + an EQ of your preference + your good guitar with humbuckers + (good playing) = really decent for quite a while, it will get you a pretty good sound, of course not like a tube amp with good tubes and settings, but least you can satisfy yourself with lower volumes to get fairly close to the tube amps, not saying that you wana use this for a gig though

oh p.s, with that amp, you need different pickup's such as Seymour Duncan, the counter parts of the EMG 81 and 85, those are more for tube amps from my experiences, but if you lessen the tone volume on your guitar you can balance it out to get good sound