ok, so i need to know every possible note for major and minor pentatonic scales... if anyone could tab out or find them that would me awsome! i've looked around google (and in this sites lessons) but couldnt find a whole lot about it

thanks guys

UG+Me=
UG's HIPPIE
There only boring if you can't play them well.
Gear: Lindo victory flying V, Orange 30w practice amp, Jazz iii guitar picks, mobile phone apps for tuner and metronome.
Quote by Trey Spruance
There only boring if you can't play them well.

Indeed. They're hardly useless.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
I think the pentatonic is too common

I put my tobacco under my upper lip, just like anyone would do.

Yamaha RGX A2, Fender FM 212R.
pentatonics are the way forward, then u throw in the model scales too!
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
Quote by psychodelia
Indeed. They're hardly useless.

here's my thing. i'm not gonna bash and say don't use'em, but i have heard SOOOO many pentatonic solos/licks that they feel a little stale. a lot of guitarists use them really simply so it has kinda turned me off to them. but i will say gilmore, he can use them beautifully as can several other guitarists out there. alot of pentatonic solos i hear sound simply "stock" and boring imo. but thats just my 2 cents. i'm a big advocate of mixing them in with other scales and using them as a transitional scale between 2 like scales.
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
ok, so i need to know every possible note for major and minor pentatonic scales... if anyone could tab out or find them that would me awsome! i've looked around google (and in this sites lessons) but couldnt find a whole lot about it

Here ya go...

...not wanting to take the piss or anything, but technically that's what you asked for. As far as knowing the possible scale permutations it's not something you can learn from tabs or scale charts. You need to learn the notes on the fretboard and the theory...the rules behind the scale's construction. Once you learn those you can play a scale anywhere on the neck, in any key, very easily.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
you could see it in guitar pro. But yeah, like the seagull said "You need to learn the notes on the fretboard and the theory...the rules behind the scale's construction. Once you learn those you can play a scale anywhere on the neck, in any key, very easily.". Yay I quoted.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
you could also, do the pentatonic modes, though i dont see a lesson on here, i may write one, i had them from my guitar teacher just be writing out what he wrote out in my book, but hey its always a good idea to learn scales, and harmonise them!
the pentatonic is not usless! the blues scale defines blues, and if you know how to use it, it sounds great. you can do some amazing things with the scale. sometimes in rock it can get overused, with the standard solo, but for blues, it doesnt get any better.

and to the ts, the pentatonic is, in relation to the major scale, 1, b3, 4, 5, b7
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
GD GC it's easier to think of it as the same as a scale, but without the 2nd and 6th note.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Oct 1, 2007,
it would be a natural minor scale without the 2 and 6 i guess. yea that is a good way to think of it.
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
Quote by stephen_rettie
please dont learn pentatonics,m they are useless! sooo boring just learn major and minor scles its liek 1 or 2 more notes

I use the pentatonic scale.
It's a lot easier - whilst scales are usually described in relation to the major scale a pentatonic is just a simplified version of a more complex scale. That being the case, it's easier to describe them in relation to the scale they're directly derived from.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com