I've tried searching, and already lost most of my morning at work digging through posts, not finding what I was looking for.

I'm looking for a good, transparent compressor pedal that won't throw my wallet into shock. Preferrably around the neighborhood of $100. Less is better if it can be done.

I like to play metal, and have been on a symphonic metal kick lately. I use a Shecter Gryphon, C-1 XXX, and a C-1 Hellraiser through a Micro-Cube when I wanna be quiet, and a Peavey Valveking VK100 through a Hartke 4x12 when no one's home, or I feel like bugging the neighbors.

Suggestions?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I've got the DBX 266XL, and I couldn't be happier with it. You don't see any difference in tone when you use the compressor and there's a really good noise gate integrated. It eve has 2 independant channels.

It's a little over you budget though (I got mine for 150 on Ebay), but I don't think you'll get anything really good under 100 bucks anyway.
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
dyna comps are not transparent, but the sound they produce is good. Try an electro-harmonix soul preacher, i believe it's more transparent
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Quote by Johnonon
dyna comps are not transparent, but the sound they produce is good. Try an electro-harmonix soul preacher, i believe it's more transparent

+1 Johnonon
Quote by Johnonon

Link?
i remember the marshall ED-1 compressor sounded pretty good to me last time i tried it, but it was a while ago, so my memories of it are pretty vague. i can only remember i thought it was pretty good, not how (un)transparent it was i'm afaid.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Quote by Johnonon

Was goint through a few reviews on the Soul Preacher, and heard a lot about some bad hissing.

Anyone else have any first-hand experience with these? Or any of the other compressors I've mentioned?

I'm starting to edge towards the Rocktron Big Crush, mainly due to some reviews I've been reading, but I'd still like to hear opinions from UG.