Page 1 of 2
(I don't know if this even belongs here, for I have no idea what that horrid band's genre is but I'm gonna put here.)

The Transplants suck. I usually keep my negative opinions about music and bands until someone asks me or the band is brought in a decent discussion, but I can't keep this in.

It's not really Tim that hurts it, but the other guy who yells in the same voice, tone, tempo and every other repeatable aspect a voxer can attain. It's cool that Tim is trying something different, but it's not cool to go as low as to attempt to play a mix of R&B and Rap and Jazz and other compiled parts of crap with this guy who is as boring as opera.
Travis Barker is a stupid drummer and sounds like a drum machine.

Tall Cans In The Air, is my least favorite song I've ever been subjected to. I think they are in hiatus or something right now, and I hope it stays like this.

One of the worst bands I've ever seen. Sorry for the rant.
haha i think theyre ok..
actually i really think diamonds and guns is their best song..
i think tim armstrong is gonna be in a new band or something with travis barker and my favorite texas rapper,Mr paul wall.
sounds like a trainwreck but w/e
not sure where i heard this though
I've never listened to th Transplants.

Someone used Tim Armstrong and Rap in their description of the band, and so I stayed far away from it...
i saw them on jimmy kimmel live a few years ago. i had no clue it was even tim armstrong until like a year later. he was dressed all wigger-ish. it was terrible.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
I love Diamons and Guns. Hated Gangsters and Thugs...haven't heard any other songs by them...
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
I heard California Babylon in THUG, and it was pretty good. Everything else that I've heard is just horrible
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
okay, so i just youtubed the transplants.

my god, my ears have died and gone to the lowest pit of hell.

tim's singing is good for rancind but oh my god, get both those guys off the mic.

i'd rather listen to that whiny bitch from A&A
I think they'd actually be pretty decent if they weren't all hip-hoppy
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
Quote by element4433
I heard California Babylon in THUG, and it was pretty good. Everything else that I've heard is just horrible

Yeah that's where I first heard them too. I thought it was decent but everything else they did is awful.
yeah not really relevant but i think travis is a prick.
maybe expensive taste will be a bit better
I listened to their first CD at a friend's house once. It had some really sad song about someone who died, I don't know what it was, but I liked it.

That album was overall pretty good I guess. I'm considering buying it.

I'm staying far away from Haunted Cities, though, because all my friends who listen to the Transplants tell me "don't get their second CD, it's absolute sh*t and you won't like it at all."
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
I think they're rediculously catchy, so I try not to like them, but sometimes I can't help it. :p
No, they're not even catchy. They're ridiculously ****ty. I have both albums because they were included in Rancids Discography. I just hate the **** out of them in every way.

Diamonds and Guns is a bit ok, but that's it.
Quote by recklessnick
but this is kinda nice
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RBtDEutKyWk
transplants' cover of the clash's white riot
That might be the worst Clash cover I've ever heard
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I saw the transplants at warped tour one year, but the only thing I remember from their set is that some OC wannabe girl wearing flip flops yelled at my friend after he pushed somebody onto her foot.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by hug a llama

Was Tim Armstrong always left-handed?

Yes

EDIT:
And holy ****, that cover was awful. The drums and vocals sucked.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Oct 3, 2007,
Does anybody else think that Travis Barker needs to be in a serious punx band? I really like his drumming but there aren't any bands that he's been in (besides the Aquabats) that are that good. I liked Blink awhile ago but not as much recently.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Does anybody else think that Travis Barker needs to be in a serious punx band? I really like his drumming but there aren't any bands that he's been in (besides the Aquabats) that are that good. I liked Blink awhile ago but not as much recently.

Travis Barker isn't punx enough to play in a real punx band.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Travis Barker isn't punx enough to play in a real punx band.
If he had never been in Blink and had started in a real punx band, you'd love him.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Travis should start a streetpunk band with Tom Delonge

endless lolz will ensue

But if it's actually good, that would rule.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
Travis should start a streetpunk band with Tom Delonge

endless lolz will ensue

But if it's actually good, that would rule.

If by "rule" you mean "be very lame", then I completely agree.
peace & chemicals
Quote by element4433
That might be the worst Clash cover I've ever heard

its just different. travis barker made the song theirs instead of just playing a clash song.

and travis barker is always just about the money and he always will be. he's more in to hip hop than punk rock
He has a mohawk, what's more punx than that?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Even though this band may not be musically the best combination, i say kudos to them for at least trying something different than another clone of a band.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by element4433

I think that's what he was trying to do that with the transplants but it didn't turn out so well obviously
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
transplants are ****in ace tim has great lyrics on the albums to and i think his voice is good suits the genre and rancid really well
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
Quote by damm_punks
transplants are ****in ace tim has great lyrics on the albums to and i think his voice is good suits the genre and rancid really well

Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
the transplants are different, and it takes an aquired taste to get into them. i like that one song Gangsters and thugs, mostly because of the cool opening riff...but ya
I'd just like to say I fall into the 5% of us on this site who aren't metalheads.

I am UG's resident Communist.
1. worst. clash. cover. ever.

2. transplants are the worst. band. ever.

3. tim armstrong can't sing, and he holds the guitar like a douche, idk, just watching that video how he played was just so annoying

4. rapping skinhead....rapping skinhead......c'mon....a rapping skinhead?

5. travis barker is OK at drums, he has never ever ever done anything special for me to think otherwise.

6. This IS NOT PUNK ROCK.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by mike2
1. worst. clash. cover. ever.

2. transplants are the worst. band. ever.

3. tim armstrong can't sing, and he holds the guitar like a douche, idk, just watching that video how he played was just so annoying

4. rapping skinhead....rapping skinhead......c'mon....a rapping skinhead?

5. travis barker is OK at drums, he has never ever ever done anything special for me to think otherwise.

6. This IS NOT PUNK ROCK.

Hey, neither is Hot Topic, and you stop any generic kid on the street, and he'll hold a claim of that store representing punk fashion. It has Tim Armstrong, who is in Rancid, who is punk, so I can talk about it.

It's fair in todays logic.
I like some of the transplants songs, mainly most of the first album and only Killafornia off the 2nd album.
Quote by Chaise Boogie
Hey, neither is Hot Topic, and you stop any generic kid on the street, and he'll hold a claim of that store representing punk fashion. It has Tim Armstrong, who is in Rancid, who is punk, so I can talk about it.

It's fair in todays logic.

I wasn't saying that it should have been talked about in this forum, i was just saying that they are not punk rock, to me.

edit: if it was up to me, rancid wouldn't even be talked about in here.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by mike2
I wasn't saying that it should have been talked about in this forum, i was just saying that they are not punk rock, to me.

edit: if it was up to me, rancid wouldn't even be talked about in here.

Oh, well neither do I. But come on, Rancid, they are pretty punk. Out Comes The Wolves is so punk, and good, too.
Page 1 of 2