My band is playing a show in November in Allentown, PA. We are going to be openers for a branch of a national tour. They are LoveHateHero, Tokyo Rose, and 2 other bands who's name escapes me right now, but I will be able to post up around 3:30 PM.

Their style of music slightly varies from ours, as ours is a slightly more modern rock / heavy style. We area also openers, and may go first with roughly a half hour set.

I expect about 1000-2000 people at this show, and it will obviously be our biggest. The thing is, all these kids there are gonna be "Emo kids" due to the style of the other bands.

I have played live many many times before, but this time will be much different. I'm wondering if anybody has any ideas on how to win the crowd over, going first, in such a short amount of time. Does anybody have any suggestions?

If you wish to hear my band, there's a link in my sig.
try getting them to do a wall of death, people may die but its worth it. also, get it on video.
Quote by cowavenger
try getting them to do a wall of death, people may die but its worth it. also, get it on video.

Lol. I'm not claiming that we're metal. I'm saying that we are a slightly different style of music than the rest of the bands.
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
Just play. If they aren't there to appreciate a (I'm assuming) good band play live music then it's their own problem.
get the audience involved.

make them feel as if they are part of the band aswell.

I went to see "the dykeenies" the other day in a venue of 100, they were headlining a UK tour. their first few songs no one moved at all, then the lead singer said "when the bass drum kicks in this song, i want to see all you in the middle (pointed at us) go mad."

when the bass drum came in, we all went mad and that lasted for the rest of the gig.

but if it doesnt work, you will feel pretty stupid

once you get them into it and they are having fun, theres no stopping them
Quote by cowavenger

yes, less emos in the world.

but just play and put on a high energy show. i guess thats all to say, if they like you, then you just got more fans, if not, who cares? their emos anyways.
(\__/)
(='.'=)Help the Bunny
(")_(")
Quote by dannyyy
get the audience involved.

make them feel as if they are part of the band aswell.

I went to see "the dykeenies" the other day in a venue of 100, they were headlining a UK tour. their first few songs no one moved at all, then the lead singer said "when the bass drum kicks in this song, i want to see all you in the middle (pointed at us) go mad."

when the bass drum came in, we all went mad and that lasted for the rest of the gig.

but if it doesnt work, you will feel pretty stupid

once you get them into it and they are having fun, theres no stopping them

Yes, you really feel stupid when it doesn't work, it has happened to me
Looking for a new sig!
Quote by mybandsuks_15
yes, less emos in the world.

Exactly. I'm sure they'd even thank you...when they're dead...?

Well, anywhom, I think if you basically do whatever comes to your mind, and just let loose as if you were just jammin in front of a few of your closest friends, and don't let any negative stage energy get the best of you.
Quote by SSDDPunkRocker

Well, anywhom, I think if you basically do whatever comes to your mind, and just let loose as if you were just jammin in front of a few of your closest friends, and don't let any negative stage energy get the best of you.

yes, exactly what i was trying to say, only said better.
(\__/)
(='.'=)Help the Bunny
(")_(")