Page 1 of 2
Now you talk about a great band and a great guitarist, which would be Veron Reid. Now this is a band that is long over due for a thread. God whata great band.... discuss!
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
Vernon Reid - Legend. He is my hero and a great guitarist.

Memories Can't Wait - I love that song, and Elvis is Dead lol
This deserves a thread man
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Slooj, I'd bang you so hard.

••The Robin Trower Fans Group••
PM me to join!
Quote by DownInAHole.
yawn, one hit wonder....

dude please dont start with me. Whoever said that you have to make hits to be good. BTW you do know that Jimmy Hendrix was a one hit wonder. But also you need to know the story behind Cult of Personality. It actually is a song about how all you have to do is be catchy and people will follow you. Vernon Reid even predicted that Living Colour would be a "one hit wonder." But they still made great rock over the years, a lot better than some of the Grunge bands that came out. "Cough" Nirvana "Cough"
Roll Tide
^ see thats why Vernon Reid the S**T! Anyways I have t say that Living Colour has probably one of the most deverse sounds of any band.
Roll Tide
Quote by Shaggy92
dude please dont start with me. Whoever said that you have to make hits to be good. BTW you do know that Jimmy Hendrix was a one hit wonder. But also you need to know the story behind Cult of Personality. It actually is a song about how all you have to do is be catchy and people will follow you. Vernon Reid even predicted that Living Colour would be a "one hit wonder." But they still made great rock over the years, a lot better than some of the Grunge bands that came out. "Cough" Nirvana "Cough"

+1
^Sounds like something to pick up is it a new live or old.
Roll Tide
Quote by Rhinosaur Bones
Old...1989. The sound quality isn't great, but it's got a cool rough edge to it.

Well then I really need to go pick that up ... but where Im from its really hard to find one of their albums.

Also I love how in the Really Fun Game thread everybody is trying to take points away from them just because people dont lile "one hit wonders" ... Hey everyone did you know that Vernon Reid knew that people would see his band like that. It really shows the ignerance of some of the people that get on these forums. Man I really wish Vernon would get the band to come out with an album soon, just so that it can blow peoples mind at how well these guys can play even after years and years of being known as a "one hit wonder"
Roll Tide
Last edited by Shaggy92 at Oct 4, 2007,
Quote by DownInAHole.
yawn, one hit wonder....

They were one of the first funk rock groups excluding parliament/funkadelic.
So that was quite groundbreaking.

and if you actually researched they won two grammys for two different albums.

Back on topic. Thanks shaggy for making this thread. I have loved LC since my dad recommended them to me about 3 years ago.

I have all their albums except colliedoscope, i need to pick it up..

EDIT: i have been led to believe they are working on an album - to shaggy.
Well if im not mistaken they dropped one like 3 years ago thats their new but I forgot the name.
Roll Tide
I really only know "Cult of Personality" but you can tell how talented that band was/is, it's a real shame they aren't as well known as they should be. Each member contributed an incredibly impressive part to the band. Reid rocked
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
yeah it pretty hard for me to find their music, I just listen to them on youtube and facebook
Roll Tide
I really need some Living Colour!

What album should I get first?

Quote by Rhinosaur Bones
I was just watching this performance last night. ****in' brilliant. I'm buying Vivid next time I'm out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tTjKWq9Gges

That is about as tight as a 6 year old vagina!

I really, really need some LC albums!
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Last edited by sebastian_96 at Oct 12, 2007,
Quote by sebastian_96
That is about as tight as a 6 year old vagina!

Gross dude...

Get Vivid or Time's Up.
I'm thinking of getting Vivid...

I'm surprised I haven't heard of these guys earlier, best band I've heard in a long while!

So are they back together?
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Not real sure...from what I've heard they got back together and released an album, but they might have disbanded after that.

They're real damn good though.
Indeed...great musicians. As much as I hate shred and stuff, Vernon Reid makes it sound goooood.

the muffin!
I figured Id bump this really quick considering Im listening to Type right now, what a great song with a lot of meaning.

Oh you got to check this out I just found it. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3w9bDp6tRiA
Roll Tide
Last edited by Shaggy92 at Oct 16, 2007,
^ What the mental?! That was pretty weird. It doesn't really look or sound much like Living Colour. Not that I'm doubting or anything.

Does it say Hed behind them though? Like Hed P.E.?
Yeah, it didn't sound or look like LC...

the muffin!
Quote by Rhinosaur Bones
^ What the mental?! That was pretty weird. It doesn't really look or sound much like Living Colour. Not that I'm doubting or anything.

Does it say Hed behind them though? Like Hed P.E.?

I asked my dad about it cause hes a big fan of LC and its some music festival in sweden they were at .... I think???
Roll Tide
Oh, well it seems rather weird.

the muffin!
well I mean I havent heard a single LC song that sounds the same
Roll Tide
^Ah touche'.

the muffin!
Oh naw Im just saying. I like you dude your the only one that is still up this late talking ... exspecially when I am as drunk as I am. but naw just get on youtube and listen to them if you havent heard too much from them and youll see what im talking about
Roll Tide
I know what you meant, touche means good point or well noted.

I only listen to thier stuff on YouTube because I'm poor

the muffin!
Same here and its hard to find their stuff from where I live
Roll Tide
Ah, that must suck...I can get it just don't have the dough.

the muffin!
Quote by Shaggy92
well I mean I havent heard a single LC song that sounds the same

Yeah, that's really true. They go from like metal to funk (and not bull**** RHCP funk, I mean real funk) to jazz and all over.
Man I was in the new Barns and Noble my town just got and I was lookin through their database and I saw Living Colour. Think it was in their system I figure they had it in the store .... NOT. God im really starting to hate record stores.
Roll Tide
Quote by Rhinosaur Bones
Yeah, that's really true. They go from like metal to funk (and not bull**** RHCP funk, I mean real funk) to jazz and all over.

No need for that! RHCP are funk rock, not funk.

I saw Vivid but I didn't have the money for it so I got some AiC instead.

the muffin!
^ its cool he can say that here haha, I think its pretty funny, and either way they both have funk influences, but thats just the way things were in te 80s I guess.
Roll Tide
Yeah but calling it bullshit RHCP funk is bashing for no good reason.

They are funk rock, even if you don't like them doesn't mean you can bash the way they were influenced by funk...that is just pathetic on all terms.

Living Colour are Funk Metal, I guess...hard to generalise them.

the muffin!
Id actually call them a little psycadilica, funk, core, But to me they are just one of those bands that dont get the respect they need. Really the number 1 band that doesnt get the rescept they need. Also the bashing of RHCP I think can be allowed just because through out their history RHCP has dont nothing but bash other bands so, screw em, but this isnt RHCP thread this is Living Colour.
Roll Tide
Well I'm not gonna post in a thread that is just gonna bag out another band for no justified reason. Even if it was Green Day getting insulted, there is no need.

the muffin!
Page 1 of 2