Hey.
I recently purchased a Schecter C-1 guitar. it's a nice guitar but the stock Duncan Designed pick-ups aren't doing it for me. i'm looking to upgrade but am not sure what to get. I mostly play metal and i'm trying to get a good sounding distortion.
I'd like to get a tone kind of like Lamb of God's guitrist Mark Morton.
anyway...i know nothing about what pick-ups are good or bad, so any help is appreciated
Thanks
White Emgs!!!!!
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
EMG of course!!! what's that for a question!!!
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vixen
Ibanez RG7321
Cort G210
Epiphone Les Paul 1956 Goldtop
Laboga Mr. Hector
Randall 4x12
Boss MT 2
Boss BD 2
Boss DD3
Korg Pitchblack
try but the pick up mark morton have on his guitar i think its a Seymour Duncan 59s
tombst0ne designs
Digital art ,CD covers,posters,anything let me now
my gallery
Look for active pick-ups, like EMG's, which has got a very heavy sound and gives you more powerful sound with less noise!
Mark Morton uses passive Seymour Duncans. Are there any other bands/style you play other than metal?
Quote by Wonderer_Nick
Hey.
I recently purchased a Schecter C-1 guitar. it's a nice guitar but the stock Duncan Designed pick-ups aren't doing it for me. i'm looking to upgrade but am not sure what to get. I mostly play metal and i'm trying to get a good sounding distortion.
I'd like to get a tone kind of like Lamb of God's guitrist Mark Morton.
anyway...i know nothing about what pick-ups are good or bad, so any help is appreciated
Thanks

The most important part of getting that tone is your amp. You need a good modern style amp with lots of high end and good compression. Peavy and mesa are both good choices.

As far as pickups go, you need something with good high end, tight bass, and scooped mids. EMG does do a good job with this but I'd go for a good PAF over an EMG. I make pickups with Neodymium which do a very good job at hitting the high note while keeping very high output.

So what type of amp do you have anyway???
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Oct 1, 2007,
^he is the ultimate pickup guru. seriously.

hey, i'm trying to submit the harmony central review. just so you know. iono what's wrong with them.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i'm running out of an old 73' traynor amp...it's not a bad little amp. but i definately need an upgrade
Quote by Wonderer_Nick
i'm running out of an old 73' traynor amp...it's not a bad little amp. but i definately need an upgrade

Then you shouldn't even be thinking about pickups at this point. Upgrade the amp first, and you'll maybe realize that you don't even need new pickups then. Budget?
Quote by Wonderer_Nick

Old Traynors are actually quite nice...Some of them are exact copies of Fender Bassmans and Marshall JTM's and stuff. What model is yours?

I mean, it's not really the amp for what you're looking for...but it's probably a good amp.
Quote by crust_punk
Then you shouldn't even be thinking about pickups at this point. Upgrade the amp first, and you'll maybe realize that you don't even need new pickups then. Budget?

budget is like 500-700 bucks give or take