Often i play songs that are in drop c but i also use drop d aswell and i really cba 2 retune my guitar or swap it (espiecially when playing live).

This may sound stupid, but is there an fx pedal (thats quite cheap) that can detune my guitar?

Ive heard that the digitech whammy does this, but it's 2 expensive 4 me (i'm only 14).

thnx in advance.
Just buy a capo if you are that lazy.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
OR

You could really, really beg your mommy for a crap load of money to buy Gibson's new "self tuning" guitar!!!!
a whammy detune is much different than down tuning i think. so just deal with it. not a big deal. id say just learn ur drop D songs in full sted down tuning and tune the top string to a C for the drop C songs.
a pedal wich change the tune of just one string so you can play drop D ... it cant exist
Doesn't the VG Strat go to Drop D? I dunno if it works well but i know thats one of its gadgets
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
http://www.wholenote.com/item--EM.PS-5

srry mate, good gear ain't cheap
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands
My first suggestion was a G-Major and a Halfway Decent Midi controller, but seeing as you can't afford a Whammy you will definitely not be able to afford the aforementioned setup.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by swinghead
a pedal wich change the tune of just one string so you can play drop D ... it cant exist

nah hes playing and drop d AND drop c, so hes looking for a pedal that will make the whole guitar go down a whole step (making drop d drop c)
Quote by Cameronrobson
It's a bat, a cyclops and an owl riding a pair of bicycles. Idiot.
Pitch Shifters are not cheap. THe Digitech Whammy is the only one that sort of do it.

Just tune to Drop C if you wanna play the songs and stop being lazy.

Or do like me and just learn them in Drop D and play them with your band in Drop D.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
If you can't afford a whammy or anything higher, just get a capo. It's like, 5 bucks for a cheap one. Or, tune one of your guitar to each.
Quote by Downfall929
nah hes playing and drop d AND drop c, so hes looking for a pedal that will make the whole guitar go down a whole step (making drop d drop c)

ah thanks now i understand

to alex 2201: save money and buy a pitch shifter or learn the song in the key that suits you best ( id suggest the latter)

best solution : play with standard tuning so you can play 99,9 % of the existing songs
the whammy can drop the tuning by a whole step (2 frets) meaning drop C is like drop D then press the whammy. VG strat or the Gibson is all there is like that
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by frusciante_50
If you could design a pedal that changes the pitch of a selected string, you would be a rich man, but sadly...you never will

My Boss OD-20 has this exact function. It's called "Heavy Octave" and I can adjust the bottom strings to be from a semi-tone to a full step or two down. It's great for tunning down without having to actually tune-down the guitar.

Chris
Last edited by RCShadow at Oct 8, 2007,
I looked up the OD-20 on the Boss site and here is what it says about the "Heavy Octave" feature...

"Heavy Octave parameter creates sounds one octave below notes played on the 4th string, 4th fret and lower-great for heavy, single string riffs!"

Like I said in the above post, it works well.

Chris
Last edited by RCShadow at Oct 8, 2007,
Quote by RCShadow
I looked up the OD-20 on the Boss site and here is what it says about the "Heavy Octave" feature...

"Heavy Octave parameter creates sounds one octave below notes played on the 4th string, 4th fret and lower-great for heavy, single string riffs!"

Like I said in the above post, it works well.

Chris

That only drops an octave, not a step, he'd still have the same problems, just an octave below.

OP: The whammy isn't going to sound very good like you're planning to use it, it'll be glitching out a lot and will probably sound like a mess. Unless you plan to get one of the Line 6 Variaxes or a Roland-Ready Strat you're just going to have tune down, or learn the songs in standard drop-D. It's not like anyone will complain.
Point taken but honestly, he is going to have to go and try some pedals. What sounds good to us may not sound good to him and vice-versa.

Chris
Get an old Peavey Wolfgang with the D-Tuna.

Pull the knob... presto!!!!! Drop D
My stuff:
05 Zakk Wylde Custom LP
99 PRS CE-22 Honeyburst
01 PRS CE-22 Amber
96 Joe Perry LP
80 LP Custom
07 Robert Clay Strat
86 Ibanez USA Custom
39 Martin 000-18
5150 2x12 Combo
Genz Benz Diablo Combo