Quote by crazlunatic
is a used les paul 100 worth 269 canadian?

It's worth less than that new, if you mean the Epi.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
how much is that in american dollars? is it a gibson or an epiphone?
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Looks like its an Epi. I looked it up on the web and epiphone was the only thing that came up... no price though.
It's an Epiphone les paul studio with a bolt on neck. I've no idea how much candian is in US/UK, they arn't too good from what i've heard.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
I wouldn't get it. It may look alright but I doubt it'll play that way, do you just want a cheap guitar or do you want a Les Paul or are you just considering it because you happened to come across it?
thing is i've rented it for 2 months now which cost prolly 27 a month so 54 in total.

So if I buy this guitar, i get 60 percent off on rental.

what do you guys recommend for a beginner like me?
The Epiphone LP 100 should never be touched. Even just a regular Epi Studio is better than the 100, and that's saying something; the Studio is ****e too...

If you really want an LP to begin with, don't go any lower than an Epi LP Standard. That is the absolute lowest anyone should ever go. 100's, Studio's, Junior's and Special-II's are all horrifically bad.
Quote by bokuho
The Epiphone LP 100 should never be touched. Even just a regular Epi Studio is better than the 100, and that's saying something; the Studio is ****e too...

If you really want an LP to begin with, don't go any lower than an Epi LP Standard. That is the absolute lowest anyone should ever go. 100's, Studio's, Junior's and Special-II's are all horrifically bad.

Yea, LPs shouldn't be your first guitar, unless you have a lot of money. The good ones come at about $900 at the lowest. (Zakk Wylde LP, I heard it's good)

If you want a LP, save some money and buy an Elitist Custom, or Plus.
i dont even know how good an LP is. I spent 54 on this les paul 100 in rentals and will get 60 percent of rental back if i buy it for 269.

I would like to know which would be the best path to take?

Thanks guys.
This was my first Les Paul. It was great for a long time, till the pickguard screw started to loosen. Then everytime i play i had to screw in the the screw with my pick. That's the only thing bad I've ever had with it (except the tuners).

Don't get it. Get a different LP if you want an LP, or else just get an SG.
I HAVE A BAND NAMED FALLING CONFESSIONS
AND I PLAY LEAD GUITAR
AND I P0WN!!!

"When there's a freakin' will, there is always a freakin' way!"
^ x2, at the current exchange rate, Rondo products are so much juicier for Canadians.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
^ x2, at the current exchange rate, Rondo products are so much juicier for Canadians.

yeah, but the shipping is still around $70 for canadians.
Quote by Zofar
yeah, but the shipping is still around $70 for canadians.

True that, but it still makes for a fairly okay deal in the end considering how much similar stuff costs north of the border.
Quote by pifty
True that, but it still makes for a fairly okay deal in the end considering how much similar stuff costs north of the border.

+1, most people just don't account for shipping. I'm actually planning on getting a Valkyrie P-90 from them in the near future.

For those who don't know the current exchange rate, 1 CAD is about 0.99 USD
Quote by Zofar
+1, most people just don't account for shipping. I'm actually planning on getting a Valkyrie P-90 from them in the near future.
Do they have a flat rate for Canada, or is it worth more to ship to NS?

I just was in Halifax a couple weeks back. Kind of liked it. Fresh air and all that.
the epi lp 100 is pretty much a step up from a toy.

save a little and buy a studio.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
STAY AWAY!!!! Trust me, I own one. Its not worth the gum on the bottom of my shoe, let alone $270. At the bare minimum, at least look at a Studio. They should really just discontinue the LP 100.
Be cool.
Quote by pifty
Do they have a flat rate for Canada, or is it worth more to ship to NS?

I just was in Halifax a couple weeks back. Kind of liked it. Fresh air and all that.

I'm not sure, I think it's a flat rate.

I was in Toronto a couple weeks back, much busier than I'm used to.
I have an Agile AL-2000 I play everyday - awesome guitar for so little money.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
ok guys. i have decided i am getting ripped off. i have 2 new questions:

what is the price i should pay for a les paul 100?

what kind of guitar is good for someone like me. i've been playing guitar for 2 months but am still pretty much a noob... still having trouble switching chords without delay. im not TOO sure about going all the way, but i know for now i just want to practice and self teach.
i live in toronto, my budget is between 200 and 260. keep in mind i need an amp as well. i have nothing as of now except the les paul 100 on rental
Quote by crazlunatic
i live in toronto, my budget is between 200 and 260. keep in mind i need an amp as well. i have nothing as of now except the les paul 100 on rental

That really won't bring you far if you shop in L&M, even in terms of just the guitar. A Squier or Ibanez starting pack at most, for a very entry-level guitar and amp.
you can get an sg g-400 for 300 dollars and there is a less paul forget which one for 349 all better than that guitar you speak of
Quote by pifty
That really won't bring you far if you shop in L&M, even in terms of just the guitar. A Squier or Ibanez starting pack at most, for a very entry-level guitar and amp.

im not sure wat ur saying. are u saying L and M will not get me good prices. Keep in mind I"m a noob lol. I just want a guitar and not get ripped off
^He's saying you should save up more money, because with your current budget, you can barely afford a decent guitar...
Quote by T!AN
^He's saying you should save up more money, because with your current budget, you can barely afford a decent guitar...
Yes sir, that is precisely what I was saying.

TS, if you're looking for a guitar of the same level as the Les Paul 100, then a starter pack might actually make a lot of sense. Something like this or this.
so instead of geting a les paul, i should just get a starter pack. is the amp ****? cuz my amp is so bad according to my friend. when i put drive on, it picks up the vibrations of the other sound and just creates a whole lot of noise.
yes. starter packs have crap amps.

usually you'll odo best buy buying a micro cube $125
and a $99 dean electric.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by crazlunatic
so instead of geting a les paul, i should just get a starter pack. is the amp ****? cuz my amp is so bad according to my friend. when i put drive on, it picks up the vibrations of the other sound and just creates a whole lot of noise.
A starter pack will give you a guitar of about the same level as the LP100, plus an amp, which won't be great by any means, but it still might be better than your amp.

Edit:

Quote by jj1565
yes. starter packs have crap amps.

usually you'll odo best buy buying a micro cube $125
and a $99 dean electric.

Yeah, except that both the microcube and the $99 dean are about $170 over here.
Last edited by pifty at Oct 2, 2007,
yeah a toy and a crap amp. that's about right.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62