i am searching for new shred music to listen to so i guess i will try to list what i have heard and if you could name some others and what style they are,rock,neoclassical,fusion etc i would be greateful.

steve vai,satriani,freak guitar,bumblefoot,grew howe,macalpine,kotzen,micheal angelo,buckethead,rusty cooley,cacophony,becker,freidman,malmsteen,paul gilbert,racer x,di meola,eric johnson,prashant aswani,roland grapow,uli roth,vinnie moore,aghora,gordian knot,steve morse,darren housholder,micheal romeo,carl august tideman,spastic ink

i believe this is all that i own some of them thier shred status is questionable but included then so you wouldnt...what should i get next?
You've listed a large majority of shreds greats, malmsteen, gilbert, the cacophony duo - although eric johnson is a bluesman?

But extreme shred is a very small genre
That's pretty much all the shredders I know of.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by devilscruffs14
John petrucci is missing on your list.

+ 1
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
didnt include him he is more prog to me but yea he kicks it hard,,and i forgot to mention frankshred and joe stump,,anyone else?
dream theater/petrucci are missing
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
gary hoey, a couple others i can't remember the names of.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Guthrie's missing
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
Paco de lucia, John Mclaughlin, Sabicas, Joscho Stephen (thank you Resi ), Django Reinhardt, The Rosenburg Trio (Stochelo Rosenberg?), Bireli Lagrene, Chuck Schuldiner, Jani Liimaitainan (sp?), Dimebag, Randy Rhoads, Michael Schenker, George Lynch, Nuno Bettencourt, Oziel Zinho, Fernando Miyata, Cesar Hueca, Gustavo Guerra, Luke Jaegon (Sleep Terror), Muhammad Suicmez, guys from Arsis, Jeff Loomis, Steve Smyth, Chris Poland, Alexi Laiho, Chris Broderick, Stanley Jordan, Petteri Sariola, Steve Lukather (sp?), Al Pitrelli, Rudolf Schenker, Uli John Roth, Les Paul, Stefan Schyga (my teacher ), Armik, Paco Pena, Jari Maeenpa (sp?, Wintersun), Michael Amott, Chris Amott, Shawn Lane, Dave Martone, Terry Syrek, Gus G, Marcel Coenen, David Valdes, Jake E. Lee, Reb Beach, Dave Aldritch, Paganini (haha), Francisco Ferari (sp?), Jennifer Batten, Ana Vidovic, Li Jie, Jake Shimabamura (sp?), Lori Linstruth...I wonder how many more I can think of .
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Last edited by The Virtuoso at Oct 2, 2007,
Quote by The Virtuoso
Paco de lucia, John Mclaughlin, Sabicas, Joscho Stephen (thank you Resi ), Django Reinhardt, The Rosenburg Trio (Stochelo Rosenberg?), Bireli Lagrene, Chuck Schuldiner, Jani Liimaitainan (sp?), Dimebag, Randy Rhoads, Michael Schenker, George Lynch, Nuno Bettencourt, Oziel Zinho, Fernando Miyata, Cesar Hueca, Gustavo Guerra, Luke Jaegon (Sleep Terror), Muhammad Suicmez, guys from Arsis, Jeff Loomis, Steve Smyth, Chris Poland, Alexi Laiho, Chris Broderick, Stanley Jordan, Petteri Sariola, Steve Lukather (sp?), Al Pitrelli, Rudolf Schenker, Uli John Roth, Les Paul, Stefan Schyga (my teacher :P), Armik, Paco Pena, Jari Maeenpa (sp?, Wintersun), Michael Amott, Chris Amott, Shawn Lane, Dave Martone, Terry Syrek, Gus G, Marcel Coenen, David Valdes, Jake E. Lee, Reb Beach, Dave Aldritch, Paganini (haha), Francisco Ferari (sp?), Jennifer Batten, Ana Vidovic, Li Jie, Jake Shimabamura (sp?), Lori Linstruth...I wonder how many more I can think of .

kick ass list though lots i wouldnt include under shred but they play like mofo's

holy crap lori! i forgot her i used to watch her vids and syreks guitar lesson book kicked ass

lets add paul hanson and bruce bouliiet also
I skimmed through your list, sorry if you mentioned these guys:

Joop Wolters
Guthrie Govan
Goncalo Pereira
Frank Gambale
Bret Garsed
gambale and garsed forgot them havent heard the rest,,i am getting a good list to check out.maybe we could make a shred thread where we could list the shredder and thier style next to it.for those of us that like shred we could find it useful to find new guitarists to check out.
at times i think dragonforce are ok at best but thier songs just dont seem to stay in your brain like judas priest maiden etc do..most modern power metal has that problem..good playing,no hooks
Quote by sidereal9
i am searching for new shred music to listen to so i guess i will try to list what i have heard and if you could name some others and what style they are,rock,neoclassical,fusion etc i would be greateful.

steve vai,satriani,freak guitar,bumblefoot,grew howe,macalpine,kotzen,micheal angelo,buckethead,rusty cooley,cacophony,becker,freidman,malmsteen,paul gilbert,racer x,di meola,eric johnson,prashant aswani,roland grapow,uli roth,vinnie moore,aghora,gordian knot,steve morse,darren housholder,micheal romeo,carl august tideman,spastic ink

i believe this is all that i own some of them thier shred status is questionable but included then so you wouldnt...what should i get next?

Guthrie Govan, Frank Gambale, John McLaughlin, Paco de Lucia, Allan Holdsworth...

And 'freak guitar' is called Mattias 'IA' Eklundh :-)
Buckethead and John Petrucci got into a shred batte. Petrucci went into world domination mode and melted Buckethead's face off. That's why Buckethead wears a mask.
Damn, you're one hell of a shredhead.

Maybe Strapping Young Lad? They have some pretty complex solos.
Django Reinhardt? Started the jazz lead guitar, played faster than most modern guitarist with 2 working fingers.
Jag Panzer? Chris Broderick is amazing .
Nevermore? Jeff Loomis is also fantastic, not to mention having Broderick tour with them alot .
Dickless.
^Who me?

...my list is bigger teehee
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Joscho Stephan man his videos almost make me cry, that gypsy swing is amazing got to love that kind of stuff
just thought i would keep this list going yes jag panzer guy is amazing and love loomis too
heres a list of 50 of my fav

Jorn Viggo Lofstad
Nils Norberg
John Petrucci
Micheal Romeo
Micheal Angelo Baito
Jason Becker
Marty Friedman
Jeff Beck
Jeff Loomis
Chris Boderick
Yngwie Malmsteen