Poll Options
View poll results: Flight 93 Memorial
Leave the memorial as is
36 71%
Change to a different design
15 29%
Voters: 51.
Page 1 of 2
Ok, so I live about half an hour from the site were Flight 93 came down in Somerset, Pennsylvania (please leave your 9/11 conspiricies to yourself). Now I can't quite find a picture on Google, but there is quite a local (and even further) debate over what it looks like. See, the current one (I believe it's already built) is in the shape of a C-like crescent, and some find this as a reminder of Islam. I know it's outragous to alienate a whole religion, but it's not me that is arguing. Then again, I can see where the familes of the victims are coming from. So, UG, what do you think? Poll should be up in a few.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
i think we should stop making everything a freakin memorial. we already have like 5 other memorials from that day. geez everything in this country is eventually gonna be one big memorial. that oughta give ozzy plenty to piss on
empty the bullets from the chamber
Quote by RHCP94
(please leave your 9/11 conspiricies to yourself)

Okay, I'll try, but...

Quote by RHCP94
Now I can't quite find a picture on Google

hmm...

As far as I know they didn't find a fuselage, engines, wings...you know, airplane parts on site.

Hmm...

I think we should instead have a memorial for American Democracy.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by Bubonic Chronic

As far as I know they didn't find a fuselage, engines, wings...you know, airplane parts on site.

Hmm...

I meant I couldn't find a picture of the memorial.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Okay, I'll try, but...

hmm...

Hmm...

well youre not gonna find enough of the dang thing intact to tell what it is, the thing blew up. there were parts on the site the conspiracy starts when some nut says "but they is no proof that they are the wings, engines ect..."well duh when a vehicle that big with that much fuel hits th ground at a speed like that you aint gonna find anything but metal
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Okay, I'll try, but...

Plane + Going Fast + Fuel + Ground =/= Anything Recognizable
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

Well, it hit the ground really fast and hard, and when airplanes do that, they disintegrate. Look at pictures of any severe crash involving an airliner (a fully fueled one at that, it was going to California correct?) and you won't find anything recognizable.

What I have trouble buying is the official story of how the plane that hit the Pentagon bounced off the grass and then went up into the side of the building, but left no marks on the grass.

I'm not saying that proves anything, I'm saying there are a lot of things they lied about. I don't know what they would gain by lying about how that plane bounced off the ground, it just seems like the Bush Administration instinctively lies about everything, whether it would help them or not. If I went through life lying about everything I could think of, nobody would take me seriously.

In fact, only about 32% of everyone I met would think I was a good person

Anyway, I don't really give a **** about memorials. They should leave that up to the victims' families, I think.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
Well, it hit the ground really fast and hard, and when airplanes do that, they disintegrate. Look at pictures of any severe crash involving an airliner (a fully fueled one at that, it was going to California correct?) and you won't find anything recognizable.

Jet fuel can't vaporize a passenger jet. Wings, engines, seats, and parts of the fuselage would be scattered along the scene.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
having memorials and stuff to events like 9/11 is stupid. By doing so you are only remembering the death that happened. In my eyes thats exactly what the terrorists want. doing nothing would be better imo because that way its business as usual.
Quote by Napalmdeth
having memorials and stuff to events like 9/11 is stupid. By doing so you are only remembering the death that happened. In my eyes thats exactly what the terrorists want. doing nothing would be better imo because that way its business as usual.

Because it was there fault they were in the buildings that were hit
Quote by Guitarislife125
Because it was there fault they were in the buildings that were hit

No it wasn't. Point please.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Okay, I'll try, but...

hmm...

Hmm...

I think we should instead have a memorial for Chinese Democracy.

Fixed...'cos that f**king album will never be released.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by Napalmdeth

"That's exactly what the terrorists want." Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

I'm against memorials as well, but this statement just got me going. If "the terrorists" were to referr to an actual person or group of people, I can guarantee the last thing they want is a bunch of crying Americans, because crying Americans are too busy crying to withdrawl their troops from the mid east.

So, who are "the terrorists?" Nope, not those faceless and nameless turban-wearing soldiers that the media so demonizes on TV. Perhaps the real terrorists are the ones who remind you of how scared you should be.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
"That's exactly what the terrorists want." Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

I'm against memorials as well, but this statement just got me going. If "the terrorists" were to referr to an actual person or group of people, I can guarantee the last thing they want is a bunch of crying Americans, because crying Americans are too busy crying to withdrawl their troops from the mid east.

So, who are "the terrorists?" Nope, not those faceless and nameless turban-wearing soldiers that the media so demonizes on TV. Perhaps the real terrorists are the ones who remind you of how scared you should be.

ZOMG, TIME MAGAZIN DUN TEH TWIN TOWERZ!!1!11oneone//1!

...I think not.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Dauntless
well youre not gonna find enough of the dang thing intact to tell what it is, the thing blew up. there were parts on the site the conspiracy starts when some nut says "but they is no proof that they are the wings, engines ect..."well duh when a vehicle that big with that much fuel hits th ground at a speed like that you aint gonna find anything but metal

Look up on google a picture of a plane crash and post it on here. I can almost 100% guarantee that there is a lump of metal left of atleast an engine if not more. They're designed not to completly blow up coz then there'd be no chance of surviviors, doesn't look good on safety records. Also, jet fuel doesn't reach a high enough temperature for enough time to melt an entire plane. It's not a conspiracy, it's fact, metal takes a high sustained temperature, a plane=a lot of metal.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']ZOMG, TIME MAGAZIN DUN TEH TWIN TOWERZ!!1!11oneone//1!

...I think not.

Can you be mature for a few seconds?
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
Jet fuel can't vaporize a passenger jet. Wings, engines, seats, and parts of the fuselage would be scattered along the scene.

Which is why, in this plane crash in Russia, so much of the plane is intact.

OMGZ CONSPIRIZI THEORI LOLLZ!111!11 itz a trik by teh US GOVARNMANT tO maek us thINK dat ALL PLAIN CRASSes r liek flite 93 ROFL
Quote by jambi_mantra
Look up on google a picture of a plane crash and post it on here. I can almost 100% guarantee that there is a lump of metal left of atleast an engine if not more. They're designed not to completly blow up coz then there'd be no chance of surviviors, doesn't look good on safety records. Also, jet fuel doesn't reach a high enough temperature for enough time to melt an entire plane. It's not a conspiracy, it's fact, metal takes a high sustained temperature, a plane=a lot of metal.

No one cares about your conspiracy . That's not what this thread is about. The thread is about the memorial, not the event.
Quote by RHCP94
No one cares about your conspiracy . That's not what this thread is about. The thread is about the memorial, not the event.

It's not a conspiracy, I couldn't give two ****s about whether it was Afghanis, Americans or Aliens, the fact is a plan cannot just disappear when it crashes.

EDIT: yea they probably should change is just coz somone will no doubt make a massive fuss about it on the news.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Muphin
Can you be mature for a few seconds?

1. No. Its not my style.
2. I think your comment about the media/the government being the real terrorists is ridiculous. You sound like a fucking Michael Moore wannabe. Al-qaeda carried out 9/11, thus they are the real terrorists.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Oct 1, 2007,
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']1. No. Its not my style.
2. I think your comment about the media/the government being the real terrorists is ridiculous. You sound like a fucking Michael Moore wannabe.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']1. No. Its not my style.
2. I think your comment about the media/the government being the real terrorists is ridiculous. You sound like a fucking Michael Moore wannabe.

And you sound like a 12 year old kid. Who is really terrorizing the public? The people who seemingly plot these events, or the people who keep you on edge and paranoid about getting hurt?

And to the Russian plane crash guy: Can I see the article you found those pictures in?
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
And you sound like a 12 year old kid. Who is really terrorizing the public? The people who seemingly plot these events, or the people who keep you on edge and paranoid about getting hurt?

And to the Russian plane crash guy: Can I see the article you found those pictures in?

dude you sound like the paranoid one. get pills
Quote by Muphin

well, let me put it even simpler for you, okay?

WITHOUT 9/11, WHICH AL-QAEDA CARRIED OUT, THE MEDIA WOULDN'T MAKE US PARANOID. THUS AL-QAEDA IS THE CAUSE OF ALL THIS.

Sure, the media is exacerbating things, but you can't blame them for 9/11. Thats fucking ridiculous.

Note: For the record, I'm 16. And you sir, sound like a balding 40 year-old who lives in his parents basement watching Loose Change and Fahrenheit 9/11 over and over again. Get some fucking Temazipan down your neck and chill out! Thankyou for your time.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Oct 1, 2007,
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']
WITHOUT 9/11, WHICH AL-QAEDA CARRIED OUT, THE MEDIA WOULDN'T MAKE US PARANOID. THUS AL-QAEDA IS THE CAUSE OF ALL THIS.

I LIKE USING CAPSLOCK TO MAKE IT LOOK AS IF I AM TALKING LOUDLY OR YELLING TO GET MY POINT ACROSS BETTER WHEN IN FACT I'M ONLY TYPING IN AN ANNOYINGLY LARGE FONT.

CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Quote by Muphin

And yea, here http://travel.nytimes.com/2006/08/23/world/europe/23plane.html
Quote by NorseGodofRock
I LIKE USING CAPSLOCK TO MAKE IT LOOK AS IF I AM TALKING LOUDLY OR YELLING TO GET MY POINT ACROSS BETTER WHEN IN FACT I'M ONLY TYPING IN AN ANNOYINGLY LARGE FONT.

CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

And yea, here http://travel.nytimes.com/2006/08/23/world/europe/23plane.html

This is an annoyingly large font mate.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Isn't that plane in the Russian article like really small compared to the one on 9/11. (I'm not trying to prove anything, I know nothing of plane sizes, I'm just curious).

To the guy who said that Al Quaeda did it, is there actually proof of that? Again, this has nothing to do with conspiricies, I'm actualy curious coz I never really paidd much attention when it was happening.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']well, let me put it even simpler for you, okay?

Sure, the media is exacerbating things, but you can't blame them for 9/11. Thats fucking ridiculous.

Note: For the record, I'm 16. And you sir, sound like a balding 40 year-old who lives in his parents basement watching Loose Change and Fahrenheit 9/11 over and over again. Thankyou for your time.

And you still sound like a 12-year-old, regurgitating what mommy and daddy shove down your throat without looking at the facts. There is absolutely no way that the events of 9/11 could have happened if the United States didn't let them happen. Now the state has the means to do just about anything they want (Military Commissions Act, Patriot Act) and that includes destroying your civil liberties. I didn't once blame the media for 9/11, I do recognize them as terrorists by definition.

Oh, and for the record, I'm 16, not 40, and I've never seen Fahrenheit 9/11.

That Russian plane crash was... damn. 169 dead, must have been a nasty impact. That plane really split in to pieces, but you can see at least one engine in the picture I found. No engines were found at the flight 93 crash, or the pentagon.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Last edited by Muphin at Oct 1, 2007,
Quote by Muphin
And you still sound like a 12-year-old, regurgitating what mommy and daddy shove down your throat without looking at the facts. There is absolutely no way that the events of 9/11 could have happened if the United States didn't let them happen. Now the state has the means to do just about anything they want (Military Commissions Act, Patriot Act) and that includes destroying your civil liberties. I didn't once blame the media for 9/11, I do recognize them as terrorists by definition.

That Russian plane crash was... damn. 169 dead, must have been a nasty impact. That plane really split in to pieces, but you can see at least one engine in the picture I found. No engines were found at the flight 93 crash, or the pentagon.

There was actually an engine found atthe pentagon. What report did you read?
Quote by Guitarislife125
There was actually an engine found atthe pentagon. What report did you read?

There was a small piece of an engine.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin

Oh, and for the record, I'm 16, not 40.

1. "Mommy", "Daddy" and I live in the UK, and "Mommy and Daddy" couldn't give two fucks about America. Therefore the only opinion I state is my own.

2. I really don't understand how you could state that its the USA's fault. How did they "let it happen"? They had no way of knowing those atrocities were going to happen. Al-Qaeda plotted and carried out 9/11. Yes, the media exacerbated things, and to a certain extent, could be labelled "Terrorists", but, correct me if I'm wrong here...the media has always been that way.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Am I the only one that just kinda finds it odd the a plane can fly into a tower, and bring it down. Yet it can fly into the Pentagon and make a hole about 10 feet wide Am I missing something.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Am I the only one that just kinda finds it odd the a plane can fly into a tower, and bring it down. Yet it can fly into the Pentagon and make a hole about 10 feet wide Am I missing something.

The plane didn't actually hit into the Pentagon. The hole was created from the forward landing gear being carried through the wall.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

Right On, Man!
I've got a bike you can ride it if you like
Quote by Muphin

you're 16, lemme tell ya a little something about life...youknow nothing about life yet. stop talking about issues that are larger than you can handle. i doubt very seriously you have even looked into this, you just want to puff yourself up and look all big for the forums. its no conspiracy, get over it
Quote by Guitarislife125
BTW:

That's the memorial, doesn't look like the Islamic crescent to me.

HAHAHA this is what we are fighting over. that sucks, let it stay. there shouldnt even be any thought over contreversy with somehting like this
Page 1 of 2