hey guys i was thinking about getting a laptop, something for recording about 30 gog of music, not to mention maybe a movie or two and games. i dont even know where to start, so i thought id turn to you guys. i want it to be fast and have a good reciever for wireless with a decent sized screen. alright since im pretty much a computer noob thats all i can think off.

price range up to 1000

thankss
Co founder and fifth member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club. pm Theplague925 or PapaSmurph to join.
liek zOMG get a macbook ual lovee itt!
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.
Try HP/Compaq (same company), I have one and I likes it, so you might.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Well if you want windows start with a Pentium 4 processor and 512 Mb of RAM and around 3 G Hz.

Feed my eyes, can you sew them shut?
Jesus christ, deny your maker
He who tries, will be wasted
Feed my eyes now youve sewn them shut
yeah, even though that person above me was being a moron... you should get a macbook. for recording and moviemaking there's nothing better.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
if you guys have links that would be sweet
Co founder and fifth member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club. pm Theplague925 or PapaSmurph to join.
ok, for what you want... bare minimum:

1024 MB RAM
120 GB Hard Drive
at least 2.6 GHz Processor, Dual-Core if possible
15" screen
Most come with built-in wireless cards
also look for a decent sound card

that should just about do it.
Quote by Ghost_bass
did anyone see the new cheerios that have been put out? the're fruity flavored. so basicly its a ripoff of fruitloops.

Quote by Twist of fate
No they're gay cheerios
Macs are good for that aren't they? Although PCs are overall so much better so you could get a PC with some sick ass software. Maybe a Toshiba?
Quote by bite_the_bullet
yeah, even though that person above me was being a moron... you should get a macbook. for recording and moviemaking there's nothing better.

yea thats what ive heard, ive been looking around at those
Quote by bite_the_bullet

I was being sarcastic, although I have a macbook, that is how I expect every answer in this thread to be.

*to TS* you could get a refurbished model, more bang for your buck.
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.